of Grammar Girl Senior Proofreader

Despite having women (who have children) in executive positions, the work-life balance is all over the board. For some positions (like mine), working 8:30 to 5:30 is par for the course. For other positions (account mostly), working until 8 pm on weeknights or on weekends occurs regularly. From my point of view, women are treated as valuable as men, which is refreshing. One issue to be aware of is the lack of maternity leave -- currently there is no policy and the 6-12 weeks (at a doctor's discretion) is paid at 60% under short-term disability. There is a lot of flexibility in day-to-day work/life balance: taking kids to the doctor/going on field trips with kids/parent-teacher conferences are all things management understands and encourages.

Work/life balance is more flexible than other agencies, but maternity leave is non-existent. So it depends where you are in your life. Mid-late 20s? Great place for you. Childbearing age looking to start a family? Maybe stay at your current company if they have a better leave policy. Already have kids? Your work hours could be standard 8:30 to 5:30....but depending on the position...you could work the weekends and late nights.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at LehmanMillet in the past year?

• 100%

say gotten better

We now have a Mothers' Room, complete with a mini-fridge and storage for pump supplies. The maternity policy has improved as well. Previously we had 6 or 8 weeks covered at 60% of your salary using short-term disability. Now, my company covers 100% for 6-8 weeks using short-term disability. It's a step in the right direction. Now, we just need to push for 12 weeks at 100%.

• 0%

No comments yet.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review LehmanMillet for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of LehmanMillet by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website of Grammar Girl