Lerch Bates

www.lerchbates.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lerch Bates to join us.

National Security Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Find the right people to be on your board of directors. They are there, but you need to look hard and not just have anyone as a coach or mentor.

Hold Senior Leadership accountable for hiring and promoting a diverse workforce

City of Santa Monica, California Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think the culture can vary a lot depending on your supervisor. My supervisor is a proponent of professional development so I've been able to attend some excellent trainings and schools, as well as work on projects that have really challenged me and helped me to grow. With regard to family, my supervisors have all been very supportive of work life balance, so I've had a very positive experience since my first child was born. However, in some areas there is not as much flexibility due to city policy - for example, no paid maternity leave and no official policy for working remotely. With unpaid maternity leave, you end up having to pay cobras for your health insurance and your anniversary date with the City changes she which affects future retirement and pension benefits. Also, childcare options within the city are limited. The city only has one daycare partner that gives city employees priority on the waiting list (no discount though - and it's expensive, upwards of $2000/month for an infant). The school is great, but I was on the waiting list at 12 weeks pregnant for my first child and we did not get off of the waitlist until my child was 7 months old, leaving a 3 month gap between the end of my maternity leave and our daycare start date. Finally, without an official city policy re: working remotely your opportunites there can vary across departments and leadership's willingness to ok that option. In sum, there is definitely room for improvement and some changes I'd like to see, but great overall work culture and experience.

Corporate Learning Hub Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great environment. Entrepreneurial. Friendly, motivating, high energy level, Mentorship. challenging, oportunity.

Marlin Hawk Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

It is a good company. I just wish more women were in leadership positions. Also wished more women were hired.Insurance only covers for one individual, doesn't cover anything re: family. Aside from this, you are able to take off of work for as long as you want, for this most part, which is nice.

Don't have a child.

Businessolver Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Culturally, the gender tempature is neautral. Women and men are treated, for the most part, equally. I would say they do tend to favor men with promotions and compensation.

Maternity leave is seen as a glorified vacation by the executive team. You must take all vacation you have (10 days are standard) then let short term disability pick up the rest of your maternity leave.

Genentech Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

It's truly a great place to work!

Silpada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for a year an a half and have loved it! Unsurprisingly, a majority of the employees here are women (IT is still heavily men, though.) Though I don't have children myself, I know Silpada is very flexible with kids (letting you work from home if a kid is sick, etc.). The one con is maternity leave. While I haven't had children, I've been told that in order to receive any pay you have to take short-term disability. I will say that there is no judgement on the part of maternity leave. It's very acceptable to take as much as you can/want to, though with the poor paid leave setup, it's not always an option to take more than eight to twelve weeks.

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

Hollywood Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The supervisor is rude and inconsiderate and the hours are long, but it's a good starting point for someone who wants to be an entertainment journalist.

Madison International Realty Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Private Equity Real Estate is traditionally a male dominated industry. It is no different here. Senior management consists of all men. However, I generally believe women are treated fairly here and make up many mid-level management roles. The company has made visible efforts in the past few years to improve their benefits and offers 12 weeks of paid maternity leave. I do not sense that those who have taken leave were treated differently beforehand or upon their return.