Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

Linde Group

www.linde.com

Be sure to negotiate your salary and make any flextime arrangements in the beginning of your work assignment. The benefits are pretty good.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

• Flexibility of the employer

HR has a policy to officially get flextime approved. At least one leadership team member in particular had a negative bias toward women who worked from home. I don't think this is representative of the whole company though.

I worked for Linde North American region and the one woman on the executive leadership team was quite biased against not only promoting women but younger people. Instead of recognizing talent, she wanted people to "pay their dues". She would hire women, but only into lower level positions and would not promote them. She and the president of region americas have recently been let go but it took three years. Perhaps things will change with the Praxair merger. I left the company in October of 2016. I was hired into Linde making $10,000 less than a man hired in the same department, at the same time, the same age, with the same number of years of experience in the field.