Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Linear Technology to join us.

UGI Utilities Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Excellent opportunity for women in all fields. Great executive team.

Friedman Williams Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

They will manipulate you. Most girls are seen in the bathroom crying.

Very flexible on hours, but they don't care about you as a person in the slightest.

Connecticut Children's Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Don't take their mission/vision/policy language at face value: the talk is great, the walk not so much.

Manifest Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stick up for your values and benefits. Be sure to ask for pay based on your value. Don't expect anyone to pay your fairly otherwise.

Quidsi, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Great parental leave (up to 20 weeks paid). Very flexible hours. Most of the people I work with are young parents, so they understand if you have to run out for something. I work one day a week from home, which is great. They havea mother's room for pumping. I feel respected in my role.

Updated maternity leave policy allows for 4 weeks prior to birth and up to 16 weeks post birth fully paid. There is also an option to ramp up upon return, meaning there are part-time options to ease back to work.

Cardigan Mountain School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The nature of a rural location and boarding school schedule is it can be very isolated community socially; make sure you get to know who else you'll be living and working with, see if you are a good community fit. It changes year to year. These people will be your colleagues and friends; it is hard with the schedule and location to meet people in the greater community.

I think for others it was around 5-6 weeks, not sure if paid or not...I think there was a payroll deduction

Gibbs & Cox Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While the workforce at Gibbs & Cox is overwhelmingly male (it is an engineering firm after all) I've never been treated unfairly because of my gender. A lot of their policies would be appealing to those who need a flexible schedule to raise a family or take care of an ailing family member. They'll even give you a bonus if you have a baby!

Alyeska Pipeline Service Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 5 years, and my experience has been great! I have a supportive supervisor who encourages a work life balance, and helped me navigate the HR policies through maternity leave and then a 9 month stint on 3/4 time after maternity leave. I also work with a leadership team that is working to increase diversity of all kinds at all levels. That said, there is still a lot of work to be done. I think that one's experience with maternity leave greatly depends on your supervisor: as I said, mine was great, but I've heard from others who have struggled, because policies are not always clearly outlined or understood, or supported. In terms of gender equity, it's still a male-dominated industry. The company has and continues to make strides in developing and promoting women. There is still work to be done, especially at the field-supervisor level, where women are few and far between.

Samaritan's Purse Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 3 years in international field locations. In general there are a lot of women in field locations and some in higher level positions such as Deputy Country Director positions. The Board of Directors for the whole organization is predominantly males. I felt treated fairly and never felt looked down on because I am a woman. I didn't take any maternity leave, but there were very few pregnant women or new mothers in the countries where I worked. It seems that when someone gets pregnant they leave the field position and switch jobs or look for a position at the headquarters in the US.

Alcatel-Lucent Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Work in a division or group where you can identify at least a few women in the leadership ranks. There are stark differences between the top leaders at this company (and probably any large multinational) when it comes to how they perceive and work with women, and it all flows through. I have been with the company over 10 years and had some incredible mentors and been given great opportunities and really enjoyed it. But I am also a typical Type A who has consistently put in crazy hours, made personal sacrifices etc, and made sure I was earning my keep. I do believe that anyone in upper management should be working their tails off and earning their keep though! In general the European and Asian leadership is more female friendly - but this has changed over the years and varies at the country level, and will change again with the Nokia acquisition no doubt. Always look for bosses with daughters - its been proven in multiple studies to be key and I've certainly observed it here. This is a tech company and like any tech company the hours are long, the pressure is high, and there are no guarantees. Its a company that's been battling to stay alive so everyone is under enormous pressure. Finally, its a company that has a culture that values deep knowledge and competency as well as hard work- for some that's great (I have loved that), but its definitely taxing.