Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Littelfuse to join us.

Avalon Consulting Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

If you're older you are set, but if you come in younger, hard to move up and make a good salary...

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Euler Hermes Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It will take a while before you get promoted... Hope you're in for the long haul.

E3 Federal Solutions, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I really enjoy working here, and I think they are trying to be thoughtful about growing as a company. They are fostering a community that is woman-positive and encourage their employees to develop. However, the maternity leave is prohibitive to staying if a female employee is thinking of starting a family. They have added maternity leave, but the bulk of the leave is stitched together from sick/vacation time, FMLA, and short-term disability - its a lot of pressure for a new family. Overall, they are a respectful, thoughtful company that has more growth ahead in their policies.

My role is pretty flexible, but I believe it is mostly dependent on the client you have, rather than general corporate focus.

Vail Resorts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

Plan to work every weekend through the ski and golf season

Orbital ATK Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Its a mixed bag, some groups and managers are better than others. Some are great to work with while others are perfectly nice to your face while they undermine you behind your back.

Terumo BCT Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Terumo BCT is wonderful place to work and grow your career. We have women leaders, engineers, scientists, MDs, production workers and promote from within. We have women in the highest senior ranks, excellent benefits, fair pay structure and a collaborative, respectful environment where the female perspective and diversity is recognized as the aspect that makes us a stronger company. Our CEO has one of the highest approval rates of all CEOs. It's a trusting community, family environment where you can grow both your career and your emotional intelligence. We encourage continuing education, work life balance and wellness at all levels.

Social Sentinel Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a unique atmosphere in which a start up tech company, is forced into a very traditional work space and culture. I am surprised that the organizational culture has lasted this long when one of the hallmarks of successful start ups is creativity and collaboration. It is difficult to have ideas communicated and validated by leadership. Furthermore major decision makers are all older males and there isn't much fresh, innovative input on the leadership team.

ShopRite Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

I have been working there for 5 and half years and i dont treat the same as men. As a cashier i have very room for growth i have many departments but when there is a open spot they always hire a guy for the spot. I have been helping out the seafood department a lot but still no raise and i was helping out while they were training a new guy. It is just not fair at all.

Gannett Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

August 2014

It was very enriching. I sometimes felt as if I was being judged for being a mother, because I couldn't work the long hours other people worked.