Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

This is not an environment where women really help other women. I actually think it's somewhat competitive and some of the women are downright nasty. Unfortunately, that includes the VP of HR and the CEO.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

• Flexibility of the employer

They can be flexible and my boss talks a good game but when you need too much flexibility, it's suddenly about "getting you face time".

The problem here is that while several women are executives, the current CEO and the last one were women who never had children. They are completely consumed by their careers and don't understand what it's like to have little people who rely on you. My boss falls into this category as well. The amount of attention to work (24/7) that they expect has burned me out in just over 4 years. The other women in administration don't talk about their families. I was told that when my name was tossed out for the position I now have, someone said "But she has 4 children!".