Lockheed Martin Corporation

2.8

Lady finch

Lockheed Martin does not know how to recruit in software to begin with and hasn't figured out that it should try to recruit women specifically. Thus there are not many of us around. So the guys are not always aware of things that are problems, like "squatting in people's offices to pump is not a good solution" and may need more explaining than you would expect a human being to need. You will need to be assertive to get your needs met. For compensation, I can't be sure it's gendered, but I know that I've never in 9 years had a performance review that correlated with my actual performance. They have a lot of process to make it fair, but that means that they change your performance ratings to help people "due" for promotions get them and so on. They also have a formula to figure out pay raises based on performance. I was being severely underpaid and only got a raise to something more appropriate when I tried to be the last person to quit.

Maybe. It varies a lot by group.

In my experience the company is largely male dominated with an aging workforce. Women typically serve in HR, Finance and Administration roles. However, the company welcomes women to Engineering fields and there are opportunities for promotion.

Lady Devvy

Senior Software Engineer

Engineering

I worked on a large software system for nearly 4 years. There were a few other female software engineers but most women were in system engineering or management roles. I was often the only female on a team. With that said, my managers and teammates were very respectful and treated me like an equal, if anything they were almost too worried about making me feel excluded!

Maybe. Work not always most interesting, but great benefits (healthcare, flex time, work life balance)

Lady AFVetFlorida

Project Management

I've worked here for 5 years and while there is other women working there, our opinions are usually discarded. The worst part is that there is absolutely NO training on how to do your job. Everyone is doing the same tasks in different ways and there is no continuity. The only way to get ahead in this company is the literally suck up to your boss. Otherwise, you won't get noticed at all. It's a bad company for anyone to work for.

Lady Retiree

Women are either assistants or obligatory female leaders- not many in between.

Maybe. Must enter the company with a college degree

Madam B

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

Maybe. Some departments are better than others