Lonely Planet

www.lonelyplanet.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lonely Planet to join us.

Subaru Canada, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer still has more opportunity to show women that they value their contributions by better supporting maternity leave/paternity leave for both men and women.

My employer will allow some flexibility within any accommodation rules within recommended government guidelines to prevent systemic discrimination. They are improving in this area for both men and women who need accommodations but sometimes I believe that the perception on those individuals are negative.

Brooklyn United Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is basically run by women, except the leadership positions all held by men. The women are great but held back by very poor leadership. Additionally, work from home policies have been debated over because no one in leadership understands the implications of severe cramps.

Stop telling women to "smile more" in reviews as if it's constructive feedback

Pueblo City-County Library District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a fairly good place to work, but promotions are far and in between

Get rid of the current IT manager that feels women are only good enough to do the lowest paid jobs.

Dependable Cleaners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great job if you don't have young children. Working alone most of the time is nice if you are self motivated. Supervisors/Managers are very supportive.

Dorevitch Pathology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

be prepared to be expected to work crazy hours, to be overloaded with work and have a very slim chance of promotion. Instead of promoting you to a new role they will gradually increase your responsibilities and make you report to someone who used to do the role (and they are paid more to do the same thing).

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

not fair hours after announcement of pregnancy

Bridge Back To Life Center, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are some great women in leadership roles. The struggle of balance can create discord and inconsistency with these leaders - the work culture is fast paced and

Flexibility is a great draw. The administration is flexible with employees. It seems that it can be inconsistent though.

BMO Asset Management Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Much like other firms in the financial industry, especially asset management, there is a SEVERE lack of women in the above-the-line roles, both in sales and in money management. As such, the standard tendencies of such environments were subtly present. Far more women in the support positions made for much more balanced teams at that level. But, in the end, when most of the Directorships are male, their world view prevails.

Calvin Klein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at Calvin Klein for many years, always in administrative support. Men are in most of the leadership positions. HR holds up the one or two women in upper management as examples of equality. But on the executive floor, the only women are in support roles. Most women never go higher than VP. Any woman applying for a position at this company should know what industry standard compensation is for the position, she will have to negotiate for a better salary than the minimum. Maternity leave is better than some - 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section paid leave, plus up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (per Family Medical Leave Act when I went on maternity leave). If you are a nursing mother and need to pump, the facilities are sub-par. The one available room in the building I worked in was an unfinished closet with barely enough room for a chair and a small table. There are now new offices in a different building and the room available to pump is much nicer with a couch and a window. I do not believe there is more than one, I hope this has been updated. My manager while I was a nursing mother called me into their office to discuss the time I was away from my desk and to remind me that any time I spent pumping breast milk was not personal time, so I shouldn't treat it as such. The benefits are solid and most of the people are professional and pretty wonderful. That being said, it was always my feeling based on numerous incidents that institutionalized sexism was rampant in spite of any women in Manager, Director and VP positions.

Bard Medical Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

HR is very unsupportive of maternity leave. Example: Upon returning to work, I received an email from our HR contact stating, "1. Verify you returned to work today. 2 Submit a MD note confirming your ability to return to work. 3. Today is Oct. 7 and the pay-period for the 15th is already closed, so you won't see any pay until Oct. 30." Well, isn't that a lovely tone to come back to! None of this information was communicated beforehand and it was just a mismanaged process throughout. CR Bard is a 100+ year old company and there is still a prevalent "Good Ole' Boys" Club mindset. It is difficult for working women to attain serious leadership roles at this company because I don't truly believe management values or promotes the women in its' workforce.

Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 1 year, and there are many women working here, including in management and executive roles. Generally, it seems women are treated fairly, and the broad agency policies regarding alternate work hours, flexible schedules, lactation rooms, and work-family balance are fairly progressive for the State of Texas. However, approval of all these policies are at the discretion of departmental management, which can be a gamble. Women in our division have returned from maternity leave only to turn in their 2-week notice - they discover they cannot afford to pay for child care on a salary that does not keep up with cost of living (most employees here have 2nd jobs), they have run into difficulty arranging alternate schedules through management, or they have no available vacation or sick time left after the allowable 12-week maternity leave. It is also important to note that promotions and pay raises are based on tenure, not merit, which puts women who have taken time off for maternity leave during their time at the agency at an immediate disadvantage.