Lord Abbett https://www.lordabbett.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Lord Abbett?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lord Abbett to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Vanguard Group

3.8
71%say women are treated fairly
71% would recommend
1/7/17, 9:36 PM

Like many other companies, if you intend to make use of all the great benefits (flexible schedules, parental leave) expect to be penalized. Vanguard is very secretive about employee pay so although they make many claims about women and men being paid equally for equal work and women in leadership there is no available data to support this.

Maybe. I have experienced some sexism in the office, but with the release of new benefits, I do believe Vanguard is a good place for women to work overall. Flexibility can be manager-dependent.

Invesco

50%say women are treated fairly
25% would recommend
1/6/17, 7:10 PM

Flexibility varies from team to team and your manager's personality. 401K, vacation, sick, medical/vision/dental are all excellent. Only very uncompetitive trait is family leave. No 100% paid maternity/paternity. No leave duration past the standard 12 week FMLA unless you qualify for STD/LTD due to physician approved medical reasons. Unpaid personal leave is an option, but coworkers that I know who have asked for it have been turned down. Keep in mind this is for U.S.

Maybe. All benefits and company culture are great with the exception of maternity leave. There are other companies out there with more competitive maternity/paternity leave.

BNY Mellon

3.1
8%say women are treated fairly
17% would recommend
12/28/16, 4:10 PM

Don't fool yourself into thinking you can succeed based on merit unless you are in one of the pink ghettos: HR or marketing. The number of high-level women execs who were "moved on" in the last couple of years leaves no doubt the men can't work with women.

Women get promoted to high-level position and are quickly moved out. Ladened with unconscious bias from male managers starting with the CEO.

Gurtin Municipal Bond Management

100% would recommend
12/9/16, 4:58 PM

Gurtin is a true meritocracy - your success is dependent on your contributions and work ethic, not your gender.

BlackRock, Inc.

0%say women are treated fairly
33% might recommend
12/7/16, 7:20 PM

Work hard, speak up. Don't let change define you, use the change to make good things happen.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
Maybe. Depends on what they are looking for and that they are willing to adapt to the culture

Gurtin Municipal Bond Management

100% would recommend
12/6/16, 11:30 PM

Upper management seems to really understand women's needs and respond to them by creating policies (flexible working hours..). I am not afraid having kids will cause a setback in my career. They do need to focus on getting more women into male dominated departments.

State Street Global Advisors

12/6/16, 7:23 PM

For the most part they are flexible about work-life balance, but there are isolated cases where managers don't always honor the work-life balance when individuals in similar positions do have the benefit of working from home, changing their schedule etc.

I am about to take maternity leave. If I want to take all 12 weeks if I have a natural birth I have to use 2 weeks of vacation.

MFS Investment Management

50%say women are treated fairly
11/27/16, 10:39 PM

MFS is a great company to work for with great benefits and (mostly) great people. If you're not in a money-making (sales / investments) position the pay seems below average. It feels hard to advance your career at MFS unless someone leaves and a job opens up.

More opportunities for career development

Partners Group

0%say women are treated fairly
11/25/16, 7:30 PM

Maybe. I would explain to them that it's a great company in some respects, but it comes at the cost of a sexist culture, inappropriate advances from senior employees, and having to constantly prove your worth as a woman.

BNY Mellon

3.1
8%say women are treated fairly
17% would recommend
11/10/16, 9:58 PM

BNY Mellon tries to entice women with their "WIN" program, but consistently tampers program suggestions/topics to conform to the opinions of the c-suite audince largely comprised of cisgendered males. The consistent shut downs of all discussions regarding and surrounding gender-gap disparity are highly discouraging.