Los Alamos National Laboratory www.lanl.gov/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Los Alamos National Laboratory?
Madam Magnifica

At the most senior levels, there are fewer women. There has never been a female Director/President or VP-level equivalent. As far as I know there has only been one female deputy director but that role is largely placed solely by the LLC company and not necessarily the lab. Politics can be horrendous and I saw many people (women and men) get brought down by it, rightly or wrongly. Although it seemed to be pretty equal opportunity and not specific to sex/gender. There are pockets where women are staunch advocates of others and support, mentor, and guide them and others where they seem to try to bring them down. Some high level managers do have reputations for being pervy, lecherous, and downright inappropriate with female staff. From what I could tell it was very widely known in certain circles (a quick Google search and you can find a couple of very specific ones). I don't think this is all that different from any other comparably-sized company though. All in all, I was in a male dominated area and never once felt my gender put me at a disadvantage. The environment itself requires thick skin but not at all based on any sort of gender bias that I noticed in my several years working here.

It really depends on your department/team. Some are very supportive of women (maybe even too much preference given) whereas others are not as welcoming. Overall very fair though.

Women Review Los Alamos National Laboratory for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Los Alamos National Laboratory by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Madam Magnifica