Lumentum Operations LLC

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lumentum Operations LLC to join us.

Materials and Chemistry Laboratory, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a small company and many women work here. I can only speak for myself, but I feel like we are treated with respect in the workplace

Indiana University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

They make it easy to incorporate work life balance into your whole life rather than just promoting it for your outside of work hours.

A new policy was just implemented allowed 6 weeks of paid parental leave for both parents to be with natural born or adopted children. Those 6 weeks can be used flexibly over the course of 6 months. With 31 days of PTO annually and the ability to roll PTO into sick time and/or PTO, it is easy to plan for a maternity leave. While still not comparable to some other companies, it is way ahead of most.

Lee County School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is very hard to tell someone with the desire to teach not to do so. What I tell them is to have another option as a backup plan and to trust their guts. If it seems bad, it is.

I have worked for 12 years in this school district, and I am almost at the end of my career. In the time I have been here, my ideas have always been belittled and demeaned, as have the skills of school counselors in general. This year I lost my job for no reason other than the fact that I am an old woman. (The ideal reorganization of our particular school required the the elimination of 6 jobs--all held by women over the age of 60.) Also, teachers have almost no opportunity to participate in plans regarding their own jobs. In this school district, the last 40 years of social progress never happened. Why do I stay? Because if I give up on myself, I give up on my students.

Great Clips Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a good place to work. I have only worked with women. It is easier for other to understand because they have been there.

Bosch Service Solutions, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you were to join the Bosch group, be sure you're joining the "AA" part of the organization. AA Bosch is a fantastic company, eager to help employees succeed! This is a review for Bosch Automotive Service Solutions

SirsiDynix Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Shortly after I was hired I was warned by a former employee that my department is VERY unfriendly to working mothers. As time has gone on, I've seen what this employee was talking about. There are very few women in leadership positions. The "family friendly" policies seem to primarily apply to working dads with lesser demands. I've often heard leadership complain about the company's lack of diversity but have seen no effort to make the workplace more female-friendly.

McLanahan Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are not a lot of women in general, a very limited number in any sort of management, and none in executive leadership. Primarily women who work here are in support roles, with only one or two in engineering and sales. Generally, women are treated fairly, but as in any male-dominated area there is definitely a "boys club" and with an older generation of men, women are often considered the "girls" of the group and treated as such instead of as valuable assets.

National Gallery of Art Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of the staff is comprised of women, but it's run by an old boys club in the high level positions. There is less of a culture of sexism than there is of ageism. People refuse to retire from the Federal government, so you have an entire generation of staff who barely know how to attach a document to an email, much less want to evolve and adapt to new creative ways of doing things. If you're under the age of 35, you are treated like a child. Older women are clearly threatened by younger female employees and not many are supportive in terms of wanting to advance and promote staff. However, I will say that I have made wonderful friendships with many colleagues here. When I went on maternity leave, my colleagues donated over 80 hours of paid leave to me which tremendously helped my family financially.

Texas Christian University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

TCU itself is very equal when it comes to the male and female professors. I do feel though that there is an issue in some Science departments in regards to the treatment of female grad students and undergrad researchers. Though the administration treats equally, I and many others did encounter some sexist remarks and treatment from other researchers, specifically international grad students, who do not have the same type of customs where they come from. In these circumstances, our work is disregarded as sub-par regardless of quality, and opportunities for collaboration are limited.

Supervalu Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I worked there for 4+ years, two of them as full-time, permanent. Initially, things were great. The people were nice, we had just the right amount of diversity. My first bosses were caring, smart people. Some of the female managers after the transition, were reluctant to promote and often had 'pets' who were junior to the group. These people were promoted. Those who weren't on the 'list' ended up out the door at the first wave of lay offs. The fact that the levels who were being let go had more experience than some of the mid-managers didn't matter.