Lumentum Operations LLC

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lumentum Operations LLC to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Wells Fargo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

I have enjoyed my small department. My manager promotes my personal and professional development. She is flexible with my schedule and cares about me as a person. As I've only worked for one manager here, I can't speak to the company as a whole. I was happy to learn that they extended maternity leave but they didn't let me have this benefit because it started after I began my maternity leave. This seemed very unfair as I only received three full weeks of paid time and the remaining 7 weeks I took (11 weeks total) I had to cover half of my pay and benefits

My department is smaller so we tend to be more flexible with schedules and families, but I know this is not the case for the majority of people who work here.

The new update is 16 fully paid weeks

Boies, Schiller & Flexner Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

It's a place full of insanely talented people and opportunities to do fantastic, complex work right away, on high-stakes cases. However, the hours are grueling and unpredictable, and it is difficult to stay here for long.

Integral Ad Science Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depends on the role and the team. There is definitely an 'in crowd' that I didn't feel a part of and often times that feels like a boys club. That may be based on satellite office structure or time I joined, but it was hard to connect with others and receive assistance or guidance. Offsite and sales retreat activities were heavily geared towards men. Unsure of maternity policy but I can find out.

ClearEdge Marketing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a very family-friendly company, made up of a lot of working moms so schedules are flexible. Most of the team is comprised of women, mostly type A personalities so the pace is fast but the work is rewarding.

Virginia Museum of Transportation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Time off is never a problem, and the employees support one another since we are a predominantly female work force. The difficulty that women face here is that the powers that be are male and often treat the women who work here like they are secretaries or inferior even though these women are the experts in their field (we are small and there is only one person per department). Women are overruled or their ideas are frequently shot down if the man in charge and/or the male-dominated board doesn't come up with that idea first.

Williams Sonoma Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The schedule is set so you can't get full-time and can't plan on doing anything else because you are always on call.

The University of Central Oklahoma Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for 4 years, there were no bonsues unless everyone got the same amount and barely any salary increases except a random COLA in year 2. Merit isn't valued. There is no family leave. vacation and sick leave is a bit above average for this area plus it rolls over from year to year. The people making the decisions are all men and it appears to be the "good ol boy" system.

Woven Digital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have definitely experienced sexism and/or sexual harassment at some previous companies so it is refreshing that the culture at Woven doesn't seem to favor either. In fact I'm hard pressed to recall being ogled by anyone (low standard, I know) and there are only perhaps a few men that have given off a misogynistic vibe despite having other better qualities. By misogynistic vibe I mean that displaying assertiveness in lieu of soft femininity may elicit a grimace as if to discourage me from being so 'aggressive'. It should be noted however that all top leadership are men.

Helen Doron Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a woman's heaven, but the business is small and there are no career advancement possibilities due to the nature of the activity.