Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota

www.lssmn.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota to join us.

Camp Savio Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

lots of opportunity for self-initiative professional growth if interested and dedicated.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Leith, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is entirely dependent on which dealership you work for-some have an incredibly good male/female employment ratio, others have hardly any women employed at all. I'm lucky the GM at my store values diversity and it shows in his hiring choices

Bert Smith & Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

It's great if you don't have kids or your kids are grown. If you have kids, the benefits package is not the best and it would be best to cover your children under your spouse or their father's insurance.

Unpaid maternity leave. Notice must be given 3 months prior to due date. No short-term disability

University of Cincinnati Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a lot of talk about diversity and inclusion. In fact we are required to take several training sessions each year. However, when you look at where the money actually goes, women are consistently underpaid and under valued. the resources go to the departments that are run by men

Ovuline Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There will hopefully never come a day when harsh criticisms or misogyny come into play in the Ovuline workplace. We are an inclusive culture who appreciates all backgrounds and ideas and strive to empower women each and everyday in our industry.

SAFE Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great company, treats their employees very fair and offers great benefits! Really easy to move up (if you work hard your work never goes unnoticed.)

Novitex Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The experience will likely differ from location to location, but my experience was pretty miserable. Despite having a 50/50 women to men ratio, there were no women in any of the higher positions. My male peers consistently treated me as an underling rather than an equal. Office conversations usually revolved around degrading women.

FMC Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Fantastic structure and work environment. They provide a lot of training tools and encourage you to be your best. They understand and value their employees and you are rewarded for doing the right thing. This company has a very low staff turn over, that alone says a lot. The only unfortunate thing is that it is predominately the Oil and Gas industry which with the fluctuations can not make you feel secure when the oil price is down like it is at the moment.

Gold PR Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Build relationships with senior teams as well as other vertical team members. Collaboration is key. Be as flexible as possible with your schedule. Organization and self determination will also get you far.