Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at MAC AIDS FUND to join us.

Entrust Datacard Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I loved working at Entrust Datacard, I have some long lasting friends from working here. But if you are not salaried you are treated like a dub-human. Treatment is not the same.

Entrust Datacard was flexible as long as you were in a salaried position. Twice I applied for positions outside of my department and each time my manager pulled them back or blocked them, Other individuals with the same title were salaried I was hourly. I was laid off On February 25, 2016. The last 6 month's I worked at this company, I had Fungal Pneumonia, a mild stroke, and yes I missed some days, over my allowed. But I always made up my time,I have yet to be able to land a full-time position. I feel like my old manager is giving poor references to prospective employer's.

Kansas Humane Society Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A majority of the employees for this organization are women and support one another. This is a diverse and accepting workplace.

Ally Financial Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Still very stuck in old ways, but slowly changing only because they won't be competitive if they don't.

Like I stated above, I just don't think there is any transparency. That leads me to believe there is something they are trying to hide and that makes me feel very uneasy.

FXFOWLE Architects Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

CDCR Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Obviously a male-dominated work place, and culture often dictates that women laugh along with sexist, racist, and all kinds of other -ist jokes.

Yorktel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Some flexibility for working at home, depending on the department and specific positions. Management attempts to be as family friendly as possible, though at times the hours can be long. There are many women on the management and executive team and I believe women are treated fairly by management and the executive team, though peer-to-peer there are some issues.

Applied Physics Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A majority of the technical staff at APL is male (not surprising for the tech industry), but in eight years I've never felt disadvantaged due to my gender. There appears to be more female younger hires, but the older staff who have stayed on for decades skews heavily male. By the same token there are few women in upper management positions, but all command the same level of respect as their male colleagues. Short-term disability paid at 100% salary is available for maternity leave (6 weeks for a vaginal delivery, 8 weeks for a C-section). However the benefit is very poorly documented on the HR website making it difficult to plan ahead without asking questions and alerting the lab to your family plans. I don't think I would've been penalized had they known in advance, but I don't think it's right to expect that level of sharing from female employees either. I was able to take eight paid weeks total between STD and vacation and still had up to 12 weeks unpaid FMLA available to me. My supervisors were also very supportive of my need to pump when I returned to work and a dedicated room was available. Work-life balance is encouraged for everyone in my group, and I don't think I've seen anyone get side-eyed for using flex time or taking time off to attend to family events, sick time, etc. This culture may vary by group across the lab, but I feel the Director's office generally tries to look out for everyone and often notes that its employees are what makes APL a successful organization. Lab benefits are generous, particularly 403(b) matching and free continuing education.

The University of Manchester Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

definitely a gender balance issue in the physical sciences

Aaronson, Rapaport, Feinstein & Deutsch LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

i have been at the firm for nearly 4 years. I think they are a little shortsighted about the future. The (all male) equity partners are more concerned with protecting their bonuses than developing a firm and leaving a legacy. Although the managing partner is a woman, she does not have significant power as compared to the equity partners.

Jones Day Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

March 2015

Great maternity leave benefits, but not great support upon return from leave. Probably depends who you work for, but I haven't seen it go well. Black box compensation model also provides ample opportunity for discrimination--I've seen up to $25K discrepancy between men/women in the same class. Again, could be the person/group you work for, but the institution does nothing to protect women from that kind of behavior. Also, I've seen three separate sexual harassment complaints (male partner, female associate) in the last five years that resulted in the woman being asked to leave.