Magnan Graizzaro

www.mgacpas.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Magnan Graizzaro to join us.

Salk Institute for Biological Studies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Look at other options first. The Salk has a great name, but it seems to be a sinking ship.

When doing lab science, you have to be flexible, but, ultimately, the science dictates the schedule; not you.

Exceed Sports & Entertainment Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Employer respects family time for employees but reality is that the workload is often too much to be able to enjoy the flexibility

Lebhar-Friedman Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good work/life balance, but very disorganized and lacking guidance and hard to get raises (bonuses nonexistant)

Palantir Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I came to Palantir as a brand new mother and was blown away by the benefits, general culture, and flexibility with work schedules (especially compared to what I was used to at the US Government). They care about whether my work gets done and the quality, but don't really index on what hours I'm actually putting in at the office. It's ok to work from home when I need to, and I choose to do a lot of work after my son is asleep so that I can spend some quality time with him in the afternoons. The company grew really quickly and they're still catching up on a few things (expanding mother's rooms, etc), but they've always been open to and immediately actioned constructive feedback when I've provided it, and it's really nice to know they take seriously the things that matter to their employees. We have some (but not a ton) of women in leadership positions, but I think the disparity is more closely linked to the fact that there aren't a ton of women in the tech industry. Bottom line: Things aren't perfect, but they've done a ton for families, are open to feedback, and are totally supportive of making meaningful changes.

The parental leave packages here are awesome. Primary caregiver gets 16 weeks paid leave, secondary gets 4 weeks paid leave, and new parents get a "baby bonus" when your child is born to help out with the upcoming costs.

Epsilon Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to start a family. I am currently rather bored at work and do not see great opportunities for advancement (though the same is true for many men), but I am staying put because we hope to have a child in the not too distant future. My group has great work-life balance. I typically work a regular 40 hour, non-stressful week and can work at home as needed on an ad-hoc or regular basis. The company is self insured, so the health insurance is not bad at all. The company pays for 1 week of parental leave (for either gender), then short-term disability pays at 100% of salary for 8 more weeks, and the rest is FMLA. Furthermore, the company offers a babysitting benefit - you get 40 hours of babysitting completely covered, and 40 more at $4/hour. Most importantly, coworkers can gift this benefit to each other, so you can collect some decent hours. The company also offers a dependent care account - up to $5K/year pre-tax to pay for day care.

Oxfam Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

For UK based employees - maternity leave is entirely dependent on the type of contract you have - if you are a permanent employee you are eligible for 12 weeks at full pay and the rest of the year (remaining 40 weeks) are at SMP +10% of your salary. If you are not on a permanent contract (which can take up to 4 years of working for Oxfam to obtain) you get 9 weeks full pay and then the rest of your eligible leave period (41 weeks) at the government SMP rate. Working here there are a lot of women, which is very true of the INGO sector in general. Once you start to look at more senior management however there is a very visible 'thinning out' of the women, especially when compared to the lower C,D,E and F grades. OGB does provide flexible working hours to ensure childcare, and has an on-site day care, but speaking from experience where I planned to return to work immediately after starting my family and my (male) partner wanted to stay home with our children I was met with inherent shock, questioning and even pressure to rethink my choices (which I was not expecting from Oxfam).

Inova Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The mid-level managers are largely women, but the executives are almost all men. The physicians in primary care are about even, and the only way I saw the doctors being treated differently is that some of the older "old school" male doctors go away with things that none of the younger ones did. I actually felt at more of a disadvantage being amongst the youngest of the physicians, not being a woman.

Pahrump Valley Times Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very biased company to work for. The publisher will lie to your face and smile while doing so. The editor has NO SPINE and can't handle "strong women" or so I've been told...

National Football League Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

I worked there for three years, and found it to be a place where there were struggles between the "old guard" who had been there forever and were lifers, versus the newer folks who wanted to make change and improve things. The pay was pretty bad across the board.

Empire Justice Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I haven't had kids yet but just recently looked into the leave policies. Was surprised to find my company offers only 1 week paid parental leave given that we are a nonprofit that advocates for worker justice.