Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals

www.mallinckrodt.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals to join us.

United Nations Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would tell her that although there is much to be improved on, the UN is still a good employer.

The flexibility is variable depending on the office and who is in charge. I have the luck that my boss is extremely understanding and flexible and gives me all the freedom to manage my schedule, travel, and family.

KKR & Co. LP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

It really depends on your team and your boss.

Maybe. Depends on industry group

United States Department Of Agriculture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

There are a lot of parents that work here and supervisors and upper management that are parents or grandparents understand the need to spend time with family and are flexible when workload allows for time off. Compensation is fairly equal among men and women and based on time working with the Federal Governement and prior job qualifications, not based on gender.

I used my own earned vacation that I banked prior to having children. They do advance you sick leave or annual leave, but you will need to earn it back over-time. 12 weeks are given unpaid via MFLA. I did not take unpaid leave.

Ericsson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.9

November 2016

Negotiate for the best salary before starting as annual increases and promotions are slim

Maybe. As a tech company there are some roles that the managers assume will be filled by women, which is a hard barrier to overcome. Additionally, there is not a good mentoring and promoting from within culture, which means you have to struggle for even a most career advancement. I say maybe rather than no, because many of these limitations are found outside the European market. If you are looking in this region you may not face as many obstacles.

Goodlife Fitness Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Both management and members will treat you as lesser while working.

New Albany Country Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have good babysitters lined up as they are not flexible with children's needs.

I was treated differently during my 1st and 2nd pregnancies. My first was in NICU for 5 weeks, and my boss allowed me to stay home with her when she got out of the hospital for an additional 4 weeks. My second, I was put on bed rest and continued to work - literally from my bed. The alternative was to begin my leave. While they had to honor the 12 weeks allowed by FMLA, I was told I had to use all my paid time off before using any unpaid time. Since it was early in the year, I asked what I was supposed to do when we had an illness, doctor appointment or emergency, and I was told it would be an unexcused absence. The policy gave them permission then to fire someone for an unexcused absence. My boss actually asked me if I could just afford to quit. I came back to work after 6 weeks. I had preeclampsia and was still healing from a cesarean. I quit 6 months later.

Maybe. It would depend on the specific job and/or person

Mortgage Capital Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is run by a power tripping woman. She is unreasonable and if she sets her sights on you, you're done. The majority of the other people that work there are great.

Maybe. There's a lot of changes that need to be made

Mediacorp Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Mid level women are not advancing and the top level of management seems to be heavily male dominated in recent years.

JRD & Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The policies are inconsistent and are based on the owner's feelings and whims. The boss also questions your hours constantly, expects you to be available before and after business hours, and enjoys long lunches even if it results in employees staying late that day to complete deliverables. Policies do not support women who are pregnant. One employee was called while she was in labor for an update on a deliverable which she had already sent via email before she left for the hospital. She then had to bring her baby to work because she had no leave. When I became pregnant, the boss gave me a guilt trip for not telling him sooner than 8 weeks. During my pregnancy, after a few lunchtime doctor's appointments, the entire company received an email saying that we had to take PTO for all doctor's appointments, even if they happened at lunch and even if we worked our 8 hours before/after the appointment. Apparently it was ok to go out to eat (no PTO required) but not to go to the doctor. I began going to the doctor before work at 7am. I created a maternity leave plan which the boss refused to read or talk about. A week before I was due, I asked to work from home and was told no. I then said I would have to begin taking my PTO because I was too swollen to sit at a desk, and was told that my leave was "not approved." I had trouble getting information about insurance and had to work directly with the insurance company to figure out my short-term disability plan. The owner then expected me to return to work after the STD ran out, with a 4 week old baby. I quit instead.

Maybe. Maternity leave doesn't exist, the boss refuses to talk about such things or plan for them, and there are few/no actual company policies because everything is based on the owner's whim at that particular time

Progress Software Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

The executive level staff is predominantly white male and the people who continue to get promoted are all men.