Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce to join us.

98point6 Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Consider the official policies regarding work from home and that the exec and all technical management are straight white males. The company talks about prioritizing diversity and inclusion, but has a long way to go to make this an actuality.

Yes the company is family friendly - any family issues are instantly given priority over work: employees are truly encouraged to take the time to deal with them. However, there is an in-office policy: people must be in the office from 10-4 every day. To work from home, an employee must get their manager's approval, and is limited to 12 days a year. For parents, especially working mothers, this is simply unfeasible. In addition, this is a tech company: all other tech companies allow and encourage work from home.

Cescaphe Event Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is not a good employer if you want to have a family.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

NanoString Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While the workforce as a whole is fairly equal, senior leadership needs more female representation and the company needs to commit to lifting women into those roles.

Flexibility is based on manager and the roles and responsibilities of the position.

Everything Brooklyn Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women and men are treated as complete equals and are promoted based on skill and experience. There are women in leadership positions and the company culture is very welcoming and inclusive.

It depends on your position, but the hours can be very long and there sometimes isn't much opportunity to work remotely or to have a flexible schedule.

Epsilon Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have unlimited PTO and a formal work from home policy, largely because our head of Human Resources is an amazing woman.

FHI 360 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly, but senior management is male dominated

American Jewish Committee (AJC) Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at AJC for 2 years. There are women in high-level management positions, but don't let that fool you into thinking their policies are fair to women. Often (but certainly there are exceptions) it is the women in management who promote the very policies that are unfair to other women and to families.

Discover Financial Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are many positive things about working for this company. It is important to be in the right place at the right time, working for the right person. If not, you may be overlooked by your boss for one of your more competitive peers.

CSG International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

A company that is supportive of female employees and ensuring equal work rights (promotions, remuneration, career path planning, etc). Family orientated company with long tenure employees. A change in work style and business needs has made it more difficult to offer part-time work to employees but they are proactive in offering a transition period for primary carer's returning to the workforce.