Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company https://www.massmutual.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company?
mommyworks

There are not many women in high power positions in this company. They appear to have a family-friendly culture but I was punished for hiding my pregnancy for as long as I could, even though it was for personal reasons.

Blueeyes007 Retirement Accouny Manager

The company requires long hour s with little to no additional comp.

Lady betsy_c

This varies by department

Lady Xena Systems Specialist, Agent Compensation

Most IT positions are salaried positions. If a project is behind schedule, team members are expected to work evenings and weekends for an extended period of time (many months). Not only is additional time not "comped" at a later date, the right to take earned vacation time is denied resulting in vacation days being "lost", i.e. no special arrangement is made to allow additional carry-over days to be used at a later date and employees are not paid for the days they were forced to lose. In my opinion, MassMutual is taking advantage of salaried employees and should be court ordered to financially compensate the affected employees for this abusive behavior. So much for valuing "family". I'm not familiar with the male/female ratio for system specialists. In meetings, on numerous occasions I've witnessed an experienced/capable woman say something that's virtually ignored and a man say the exact same thing a few minutes later and given recognition for offering a brilliant solution. As far as a glass ceiling is concerned, I do believe that it exists at MassMutual. At one time, if a woman became a senior officer of the company, people wondered who she had slept with to get there. Although this perception has improved with the passage of time, there is still a lot of room for improvement. Really tired of the "good 'ole boys" being favored over women who are just as capable.

I would share my experience and let them decide.
Lady womanwhospeakshermind

I have been with the company 6 years and men advance faster than women. The Senior Leadership Team is white male dominated (there are a few women, but they are tokens). Subtle sexism permeates the company. Women who are outspoken are "adversarial" men who are outspoken are "great contributers to the discussion" women get "mommy tracked" men get fast tracked. It has generous leave policies, progressive iniatives (great, supportive culture if you are LGBTQ), flex work arrangements and work from home arrangements available depending on the department. I think what area of the company you are in determines how good your experience is. The USIG leadership and organization are not great. Retirement services (which is headed by the only female Senior Leader) is reportedly a whole other world (in a good way).

It really depends on the department. The senior leadership is still very much an old boys club. Lots of lip service about diversity, and it is definitely LGBT friendly/progressive (because one of the SLT is a gay man), but it is still very white male centric.
Lady CeoToBe

The gender gap still exists - Few women in executive or senior leadership positions. Women's Leadership group only acknowledges you at Asst. VP level or above, does not encourage development of those below that title. Flexible work arrangements are discouraged in retirement business area. Recently added 3 weeks to maternity policy which is favorable.

Women Review Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.7 stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website mommyworks Blueeyes007 Lady betsy_c Lady Xena Lady womanwhospeakshermind Lady CeoToBe