Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at MBS Mountainboards to join us.

Mary Kay Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Great place for women with families based on flexibility and benefits

Some groups can work remotely one day per week or as needed, flex time is offered, plenty of PTO for personal/family matters in addition to earned vacation.

Paternity leave was added recently

California State University, Sacramento Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Be strong; be dilignet,don't take any mess and stand up for yourself

depends on the supervisor; most management does not abide by the union contract "because they don't have to"

childless

Kevin Jursinski & Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Don’t work here if you want to be respected and treated fairly

Treat employees with respect, not talk down to them, have equality exist

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

Snap-on Credit LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits, if looking for something stable this is the place to be. However, if you are looking to innovate this is not the best culture.

Flexibility is depended on your manager, there is no set policy that allows this. I have a great manager that is understanding and caring.

Catholic Health Initiatives Memorial Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I am lab assistant and I can say that it is the worst job I have had

Lab sucks don’t work here

The Computer Merchant, Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Old fashion leadership, old fashion ideas about women, their value and responsibilities.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Weichert Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

New manager is not at all pro-women. Come with your big girl pants on.

L.A. Care Health Plan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Could be an ok place to work depending on the department and position. Chief leadership is good, middle management terrible.

Prime Therapeutics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Overall good culture and depending on the manager and department, very flexible hours if salaried.

I am currently working towards quitting my job to stay at home. My current manager is very flexible and encourages a work life balance. It's just that I would like to stay at home now that I have a family.