Medulla LLC

www.medullallc.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Medulla LLC to join us.

Snap Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Snap has senior leaders that are women. The maternity leave policy is generous.

Commend International GmbH Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

For Pros I will enumerate they respect the time for working based on law 38.5 hours and some teams are going for a drink and dinner after work sometimes payed by the company. Bad Management, It's year 2017 and still working on Very hierarchical level, no flat hierarchies, no freedom at all (you cannot even open a page to check your private e-mail because they are saying 30 seconds matters, what a people...), rude team leaders... I supposed to work in the ISS development team, the organization is disaster, still working in the Stone Age in 2017. "Team leader" must be Austrian, who doesn't have any knowledge from Software Development, so he is stated there just to spy you, not working at all, another Technical Team Lead under him who knows the technologies but still licking a** to the Team Leader who is upper him. Both of them not working, just giving tasks to the other honest developers and pushing them to finish tasks on given time (even in reality is not possible to finish them on the given time-frame from them). Nothing from SCRUM here, just a Big supervisor behaviour who are making stressful situations on the developers. For example I had a task to write Unit Tests, which was 1500+ lines of code and 60+ unit tests, and they wanted that to be finished in 2,5 days. Big egos as well, like "As a Commend Boss to you I would tell you....", calling you "ausländer" and even his parents are from outside of Austria... A lot of lost jealous souls with egos inside... Make yourself a favour, give to the people freedom, make flat hierarchies, designate leaders based on their knowledge, don't put people who are not working and playing spy roles there just to save themselves...

BTG International Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company as a whole is great. Again, it comes down to your manager.

Again, very dependent on the manager. Being a remote employee with 70% travel, my new manager tried to control every minute of my work day.

BTG requires the managers to complete one year of training. I find it difficult to believe that they felt it was OK to treat employees the way this manager did.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's not necessarily your skill, talent, enthusiasm, committment, or education that will help you in your role. It's who you know and being able to navigate a very challenging multi-state political environment.

Promote women supporting each other

Sapient Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The only women in the C-suite/leadership team are in HR or PR. While they have a few women in top roles, overall the culture is male-dominated. The Account Teams are almost exclusively male. Creative leads are all male. A man with less experience than I have but in an almost identical job, made almost $20,000 more than I did. Travel is required. It's written into the contract for most client-facing roles that if you don't agree to travel on-demand, they can fire you. This is not good for women with small children, and certainly impossible for single moms unless they had full time care for the kids.

Cordell & Cordell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked with Cordell for 4 years as an associate attorney. In general I think the firm treated women fairly by providing adequate maternity leave and opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately the client base is heavily male which impacts the work environment significantly. Although I am a seasoned attorney I was regularly addressed by clients in a patriarchal manner and unable to take any action to address the issue. This imbalance left me frustrated and ultimately caused me to leave the firm.

Tennenbaum Capital Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are no advancement opportunities for women. Management is 100% male. Maternity leave is 12 weeks UNPAID. You can collect CA disability but that's it. 10 days of paid vacation. No flex time, no working from home. Have to work a minimum of 10 hrs per day regardless of whether you have work or not. I was literally told to fill my day with "messing around on the internet". I left after 3 yrs because of the blatant discrimination and lack of opportunities for women.

University of Dubuque Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This organization has one of the most dysfunction human relations departments I've ever encountered. Because of an administrative / faculty rift close to 20 years ago, there is still a deep distrust of faculty/staff and it plays out in policies like maternity leave. Getting answers on HR policies is next to impossible. We haven't had a published faculty handbook in years. The majority of our faculty are grossly underpaid adjuncts with zero benefits. Run, don't walk, away from this institution.

Nielsen Holdings N.V. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

I've worked for this company over 6 years; supervisors are just nasty and rude, the environment is so strict, total quiet on the production floor (mind you there is no one on a phone on the production floor); will offer no flex schedules, will no offer raises, no bonus but for the pod leaders, and the coffee they make is so weak it looks like reclaimed water. The company has gone down hill fast. An example they just spent thousands on a new phone system that hangs up on clients, disconnects employees calling in; and fails on a daily level. The money would have been better spent improving the IT department and offering some kind of raise. Even the night cycle does even get an incentive for working until after midnight. This is not a good company at all.

COMPanion Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I was treated as a sub par engineer. I was required to follow rules that the men were always breaking. If the men broke them nothing was said. If I broke them I was called into my manager's office and given a lecture and told I must follow them. My manager was a female.