Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Melaleuca to join us.

Optum, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are concentrated in the lower paid positions. Do not go here if you want to climb the corporate ladder, especially if you have a life outside of work.

Many positions require about monthly flights and multiple day between states or multi-hour commutes between states, more so in the more senior positions.

Maybe. There is both good and bad. Depends on what they care about.

Variety Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're under the COO, you're protected. If you're a man, you're protected.

If you're a higher up, you get preferential treatment. Too bad if you're earning $11 an hour.

Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would recommend she not work here. During the 2016 election, the white, educated, affluent CEO eventually came out with, "I'm not saying a woman CAN'T be president, but..." So I said, "But what?" And he was like, "Nothing." And I said, "So you ARE saying a woman can't be president." And he asked that we discontinue the conversation because he felt I was being too aggressive.

The CEO of this company likes to talk about being generous and respecting everyone's home life, but as soon as you want to use that time doing anything he doesn't agree with, he will take issue with you. For example, I began a health improvement plan that necessitated I eat fresher foods for lunch and not eat at my desk, so I began taking lunch breaks (which I'd never done before and is NOT the culture of the company). I ALWAYS made up that time by staying later than 5, but the CEO still gave me grief and said, "You need to be mindful of your behavior." But then if you said, "Oh, would it be ok if I ran to the post-office?" he'd say, "This isn't elementary school. We're all adults here. Please don't ask me about things like this. Just do what you need to do." You can see the problem.

I have no idea what the maternity leave policy is or even if there is one.

The CEO of this start-up treats women differently than men in the work environment--talking over women; dismissing their ideas, but lauding those exact same ideas when coming from a male employee; minimizing their work ("well, your job is JUST xyz, so your contribution isn't THAT big"); and constantly making them defend their work. I left because I was so traumatized by the insidious misogyny, and unless ALL of that changes, I wouldn't recommend this company to any other women.

Domino Media Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

It's a great place to gain valuable experience and then move on.

Maybe. I would recommend it for entry level women interested in the lifestyle editorial track. It's a great first position.

RealPage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Company has no maternity leave and makes it incredibly difficult to manage insurance and pay while on FMLA. Depends on department, but I have not found it to be supportive of families in general. We do not have flexibility and are expected to work 12 hour days and into the night.

FLSmidth & Co Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Prepare to workDouble as your male counterparts to be seen by upper management.

Maybe. Not every department is the same but the overall culture is still very male driven and top management is not very representative of the overall workforce.

USAble Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pay tends to be good overall and working conditions, environment, and flexibility are great. Limits in promotion for women are noticeable above Manager and director levels.

Sleepy's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working in corporate is great. Sales and warehouse have less desirable hours.

Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at the Santa Clarita location and for this department for over two years. When I initially began working at this location I was excited that I would be working for management that included a lot of women as I assumed that this would entail support for their staff in all matters from work to home obligations such as personal and maternity leave, etc. Unfortunately, these were not women that were empowering to other women and instead focused on negatively belittling their support staff and this adversely affected the work environment and impacted the well being and productivity of their female staff. Taking time off was frowned upon and negatively documented and petty personal attacks, gossip and other non work related personal issues between senior staff and newer staff were fostered and enabled by management. Senior staff would create a hostile environment for the junior staff by accepting the claims of the senior staff without researching said claims. These claims were taken for face value without proper justification, documentation or cause. This created an stressful work environment and created hostility between workers which made it difficult for women to transfer, advance to higher paying positions or to promote to other positions within LA County in general regardless of the department. This was absolutely one of the worst locations and departments that I have ever worked for. I would not recommend this place for any ambitious or intelligent women to work at or any reason. The only reason to work here is if you enjoy drama, have a petty high school clique mentality, have no ambition to promote or transfer and would like to stay in the same redundant position doing the same thing until retirement all while under the scrutiny of unhappy women who project their misery onto their staff.

Watson, Farley & Williams LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Traditional firm with an "old boys club" approach. No formal flexible working/working from home policy in place which is a shame.