Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Meritor to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Barneys New York Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This job is great for people who has other things going on outside of work.

East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The office environment was very awkward and very boring at times. I was let go a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant because I had dozed off for a few minutes, I know you shouldn't sleep at work but I was in my first trimester and I stared at a computer for 8+ hours a day. I spoke to my manager about what happened and she completely understood, but the owner didn't even try to understand as I was let go the next day. I had no other major incidents happen prior to this one.

The head of the accounting department was very flexible as she understood that things come up that you can't control. The owner of the company however seemed less understanding unless he liked you personally.

Be more lenient and understanding

WME IMG LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

6 weeks paid leave only, with 6 weeks unpaid. not flexible in returning back to work with vacation time or transition time or owrking from home

Barclays Bank PLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

I decided to join Barclays rather than Goldman Sachs when my prospective manager told me "at Barclays, we don't do face-time". And for the past 6 years, this has been true. People are very respectful of family time and I never receive any e-mails from my management on weekends, even though I am a gighly compensated director. Everyone - and mostly men in fact- are encouraged to care for their children, including during unplanned sickness. And there is a great culture of collaboration and cross-training. I feel everyone makes sure to be patient and not expect immediate response, such that I know someone won't "take my seat" because I am at a school event / gym / doctor's apointment. Last, there are very few internal meetings, and we always to end on time; often time sooner.

Aultman Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 16 years. Being a healthcare facility, its predominantly a female workforce clinically and even through management. There are some stereotypical positions (men in finance, etc).

Timothy's World Coffee Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great environment that really values it's employees.

NVIDIA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.9

I've worked here for many years. I've never felt that I was treated unfairly because I was a woman. I've received a lot of support to grow my career. Our CEO is determined to make the company a better place for women to work and meets with a number of technical women every month to get their view point. There are events for women to network and a number of women are sent to conferences to meet other women in the industry. The mother's rooms are pretty horrible but there's a big push to improve them and that will hopefully be fixed in the next few months.

McCann Erickson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

April 2015

Great company with women in leadership positions. If you can remain calm and steady in a competitive and high stress environment this can be a great organization to work in.

Moda Operandi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

I came to Moda from a very corporate retail company and it's a breath of fresh air. Working in a startup environment with a smallish (~100 people) group is invigorating - we hear from our CEO in person weekly, know the board members by name, are encouraged to share exciting ideas in our weekly company meetings. Also, the company is about 90% women with a female CEO and founder at the helm. Everyone I've worked with is smart and passionate - in a company like this there isn't room for negativity or low performance.