Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc.,

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc., to join us.

Workday, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be careful on who your lead is as some female leads feel very challenged by people they are supposed to be managing and mentoring with the HR department

Teach women leads on how to manage others and set up others for success

Teach for America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Reviews with minimal critical thought are evidence of the cult-like culture TFA attempts to establish or bully into staff especially staff who did not do the Americorps teach for 2yrs piece. TFA is a white dominant culture organization where gay white males and white women promote and elevate each other. When it comes time to make cuts it impacts women of color. Their emphasis on "diversity" is dependent on funding, and is primarily for corps members and not staff. The initiative on staff for "diversity" is focused on black males to align with the current political landscape. White women in leadership are passive aggressive and breed a culture of gossip. White women and gay white males are cruel behind staff members back and fake to their face. Long-term staff are primarily overly privileged and pretentious. They exploit students of color, staff members of color, and corps members of color to push a false narrative o raise funds. Ultimately, the organization has done nothing to elevate low-income students. It is an organization created by the privilege for the privilege who have the luxury of being paid at nonprofit levels because they come from privilege and so they can feel better about themselves. Americorps funding needs to be removed from TFA, and those considering on joining the corps should seek alternative programs. If you're seeking TFA as a post-graduation opportunity because of the promises they make for your future don't do it. The org has gone down hill in it's connections and status and is no longer seen as recruiting the brightest and best. You have to already be an alumni with established experience.

TFA is a national organization where regions are autonomous which means reviews can differ a great deal. Furthermore, there is no consistency in the org which is why there is such a range of reviews. If you entered TFA as a corps member, your review isn't accurate from an employee level. I work on the HR side nationally and see the range of disturbing treatment of staff (mainly staff of color or those who do not fit the cult like culture) across the country.

Increased expectations of regional leadership

24-7 Intouch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

There are no annual reviews. You don't get a raise unless you get a promotion. Maternity leave is unpaid- and I believe it's only six weeks.

Greystone Properties Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Have to be in with the right people to move up

David Yurman Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

avoid at all costs. the ceo (a woman) is abusive and seems to hates other women, unfortunately.

i am no longer there

Brigham Young University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been nothing but valued and respected during my time here. Hiring process was very fair, and I've felt like a valued, contributing member of the team.

Checkwriters Payroll Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good employer. Mostly female staff. Family owned.

Calvin Klein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at Calvin Klein for many years, always in administrative support. Men are in most of the leadership positions. HR holds up the one or two women in upper management as examples of equality. But on the executive floor, the only women are in support roles. Most women never go higher than VP. Any woman applying for a position at this company should know what industry standard compensation is for the position, she will have to negotiate for a better salary than the minimum. Maternity leave is better than some - 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section paid leave, plus up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (per Family Medical Leave Act when I went on maternity leave). If you are a nursing mother and need to pump, the facilities are sub-par. The one available room in the building I worked in was an unfinished closet with barely enough room for a chair and a small table. There are now new offices in a different building and the room available to pump is much nicer with a couch and a window. I do not believe there is more than one, I hope this has been updated. My manager while I was a nursing mother called me into their office to discuss the time I was away from my desk and to remind me that any time I spent pumping breast milk was not personal time, so I shouldn't treat it as such. The benefits are solid and most of the people are professional and pretty wonderful. That being said, it was always my feeling based on numerous incidents that institutionalized sexism was rampant in spite of any women in Manager, Director and VP positions.

Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a good place to work.

Lahey Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are a physician or resident, you are set. You get variable paid medical leave. If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, or any other role, you get only your saved vacation time and unpaid FMLA. You can purchase your own short term disability but that comes with challenges as well. There are more and more women in leadership these days so I think it could get better if they make their employees' life work balance and job satisfaction a priority.