Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Million Air to join us.

Lucky Charms Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is great - also nice place and cool people every one of them

Orthofix Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Nice place to work, I have grown children, so not too much experience with family issues.

Triumph Learning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This office is definitely a female-friendly work environment, where everyone is treated equally.

The Retired Enlisted Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have children, it's not going to be the best place to work. If you need to drop off and pick up children at school, it won't work, due to scheduling.

The Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

Bunim/Murray Productions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for 5/yrs. It is a great company with a lot of women executive and creative heads.

Bitovi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I was the first woman hire here and I was hired here when I was 33 weeks pregnant and given 14 weeks paid maternity leave. I think that says a lot about the leadership at this company. They recognize the need to diversify the company and we now have four women on the team. There is a lot of room to improve in this area but we are moving down the right path and aware.

Acquia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here almost 4 years. The people are nice. The sexism is rampant, but insidiously covert. There's a lot of talk about doing more to fix the huge imbalance, but it depends a lot on the manager. (ex. In one department, they went years with only one woman at a time, both of whom were fired for mistakes much less egregious than their male peers. They finally promoted the right guy, and their team has picked up three awesome women in six months.) It is very difficult to advance as a woman. You have to do the job first, then ask for it repeatedly to get the promotion/money that equates to the work you're doing. You basically have to be a hardass or the men in the technical roles pretend they didn't hear you. You won't get anywhere in this company being meek or waiting to be noticed. You also have far fewer options if you're not based in HQ in Boston. There's a very "out of sight, out of mind" attitude toward everyone else (even in large regional offices), and that's doubly true for women. WOC? Forget it. There's a few in the entire company of 700+ employees globally. I can only think of ONE who is in management at any level. Whitest company I've ever worked at.

ConAgra Foods, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in Lead roles but not too many in manager and director roles. Women that are in lead roles definitely have to prove themselves more than worthy before they are given a chance to promote. Perhaps with the changes upcoming this will change, but I doubt it. I believe most of IT will be outsourced in the months ahead.

MTS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Fratty culture throughout