Missouri State University

www.missouristate.edu

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Missouri State University to join us.

NetSuite Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Pick the right team and you could have a wonderful experience.

Not for Hiring

Domino Media Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

It's a great place to gain valuable experience and then move on.

University Health Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

UHN has great policies in place to promote women's work satisfaction and work-life balance. However, there is limited growth opportunities and compensation remains stagnant. This is not uncommon for a research hospital and it applies to both men and women.

UHN offers up to one year of leave for new mothers with up to 6 months topped up at 85% of salary. Fathers can also benefit from 10 weeks of paid leave (at 85%).

ShoreTel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have tenancity and are ready for a challenge, I think there is plenty of room for growth in this changing organization. The pathway is a bit rough through...no clear paved road so be ready for an uphill climb.

I've already left. During my tenure as an Account Executive and Sales Director, I saw very few women take part in our male-dominated sales department. In order to be successful (with limitations of course) you had to be "one of the boys". The first year I made President's Club, I was the sole female in a group of 40 or so winners...the only one! That was five years ago and this past year, there were almost 10 women that made club so I know things are improving.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

PC Connection Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men are paid much more even if you have more experience than the men. Not only is the maternity leave a joke, the HR department is terrible. They don't seem to know anything about taking a leave even maternity leave. It was a messy runaround with them. Not only do you only receive 6 weeks of leave with 5 weeks of pay, you only receive 60% of your pay for those 5 weeks and if you want to take the full 3 months of short term disability you absolutely cannot be paid for the remainder of the time. First this is because you have to use all your sick time before the maternity leave pay kicks in even though they don't pay for those sick days so you have no sick time left to help pay yourself with and you have been out of office so you haven't been building up vacation time you could also use to pay yourself with. this is very very frustrating. My husband... the person not giving birth to our child has a 6 week paternity leave, 100% pay, no breaks in the pay. needless to say he does not work at the same company as myself. Men at this company have no paternity leave, which i find terrible. I couldn't imagine not having my husband there with me, at least for the first few weeks, of being home with a newborn. That's my story. :(

Greystar Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

I've been working for Greystar for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, except for anything in upper corporate positions. Generally I believe they are treated fairly. They expect you to always be available for the company and the community. You are able to take unpaid maternity leave and family leave but it feels like you may get judged for any additional vacation time you may need.

Vodafone Group PLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

April 2015

I interviewed here - interview process was very challenging

Wells Fargo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

March 2015

Works well around my family schedule. If my child is sick, or needs to be picked up, they are good about letting me leave, no questions asked.

Kaplan University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

February 2015

Very supportive atmosphere for parents. Different departments in the company will have different policies though.