Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Mixbook to join us.

Miller Friel, PLLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Avoid it. Women are not treated with respect. You can do better.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Change approach

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Scotiabank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Bank of Nova Scotia is quite inclusive at the bottom, but not sure about up top. Management is still male dominant.

The South Bend Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Hours can be flexible throughout the clinic, however my department does not allow part times.

Emerson Electric Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

People should realize that gender equality cannot happen overnight, but Emerson is committed to promoting the most qualified person for the right role, regardless of gender, race, or ethnicity.

RE/MAX Metro Atlanta Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have been with Remax for 20 years. I have found the working environment to be great. The owner is a woman and knows how we feel. I would recommend this company to other women who want to work at their own pace.

YourEncore, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for three years. Women predominantly work in support roles. Women of substantial seniority within the organization are still required to make travel arrangements for men, clear lunch meeting rooms, and perform other administrative tasks, despite senior leadership roles, while there are subordinate males to perform those tasks as well. Women have to work twice as hard to earn respect and trust. It's exhausting having to justify opinions and work product, while also performing job duties. As a tenured professional, I have never spent so much time justifying accounting numbers nor watching my female colleagues of similar status have to provide the same data repeatedly, due to doubts by executive leadership.

University at Albany SUNY Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Typically (as everywhere) salaries are higher for men than women. In academics women are more often hired part-time at a much lower pay than full time and men are more often hired in full time positions.

Robert Half International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

I was one of two women who were single mothers to young children. We were repeatedly treated with little regard for our roles as mothers although we were very successful in our positions. This kind of attitude started with my boss, who was a woman, but without children, and went right up the chain of command to our district president, who was also a woman!! Besides our branch, I heard this a lot from other branches across our district and across the country.

Texas Tech University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I like the work I do but dislike the environment. I'm glad I don't have children, because I think that would be an added layer of feeling trapped. I don't think the mothers who work here get a lot of support from management. I think sometimes mothers and fathers are given some flexibility, but I think they're often made to feel guilty about it. Or, the middle managers who grant that flexibility feel anxious about it because they're afraid they are being too generous. It's probably not the worst place to work, but it's not great, either.