Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Moen to join us.

Russ Reid Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

January 2018

This is the only job I've ever had where I was directly and overtly verbally sexually harassed. A senior male executive told me (in a joking manner, of course) that he had been laughing with another senior colleague that I had really let my appearance go after getting married. This exec is widely known at the Company for being a misogynist (and has had sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him in the past by a female direct report). When I told my boss (also male), his advice was to "just ignore him." I'm sure it was also no coincidence that in the most recent round of layoffs, he was kept on staff while a FAR more competent female Director that does VASTLY more work than him was let go. As long as this type of male privilege stands and demeaning sexist behavior is tolerated, women will never be equal here. Beware.

There is no maternity parking, no job sharing and no flex hours for working mothers. I have heard MANY team members criticism the **few** working mother that draw boundaries in working hours in order to be there for their kids. It is just unacceptable to shame working mother for trying to be there for her children. I have also heard the president, who is a woman, say "there are three things that all women want: 1) Career 2) Family 3) Friends, but you can't have all three." This is a terrible example and discourages other women from achieving the success that men can more easily attain.

Not tolerate demeaning and dismissive senior male executives.

WestCoast Children's Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

If you need maternity or paternity leave, it's good. The benefits are good and the pay is good for this kind of work. Hours do not leave much time for a real life. The agency has a history of letting male supservisors and bosses abuse and harass the lower ranking females that work in the agency and the agency views they person with the complaint as the problem. They don't do anything to look into or fix the actual issue until too many people stand up and complain. But then it's just that one problem. The issue still continues overall.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Most clinicians end up working over ten hours a day five days a week and some weekends. Though they can do some of this work from home.

Treat clinicians well and not like they are disposable, particularly if they complain about male bullying or otherwise harassing boss. Improve ability to be promoted if you are actually a good worker. Expand diversity in the agency. Most supervisors and people in power are white men.

United States General Services Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a significant number of women in leadership roles at this agency and plenty of promotion potential- the agency tends to be a bit top heavy in my opinion. From my personal experience I did feel appreciated by my employer and for those that work hard, they do invest in you and give you opportunities to reach your greatest potential.

within the past 7 years GSA has expanded it’s telework program to 4 days a week which has been a huge motivator in getting people to stay at the agency long term. Since the regional headquarters are often located in the central business district the telework policy makes it possible for working moms to move out to the suburbs where housing is not as costly, daycare is not as costly, the school districts are far superior, and crime rates are lower.

Distribute the workload responsibilities more fairly. The salary, while competitive, doesn’t seem fair when not everyone in the agency carriers equal weight. There are some individuals who have “cushy jobs” - very little responsibilities within this agency verses others who are held to a much higher standard, who have the responsibility of spending millions of tax dollars, who are interfacing with clients and high level officials and are given little support to do their jobs. Too many “behind the scenes” jobs and not enough individuals who do the real mission work of the agency. It’s not that there’s a staffing problem, it’s that management isn’t utilizing their workforce efficiently and even years and years of multiple hiring freezes and workforce reduction through attrition hasn’t changed this. Those that excel at their jobs are rewarded with more work and experience burnout.

Tryzens Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Environment is supportive, safe and able to express yourself without judgement. Great relatonship with CEO.

United States Department Of Agriculture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most leadership positions are filled by men, but that is changing.

They can't really deny your leave.

Geben Communication Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Geben is run by a single mom who is passionate about gender equality in the workplace. We have 10 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave with a 2 week transition period. In addition, we have a very flexible work schedule which allows you to design your day and work when and where you are most productive.

Feeding America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Lots of women at FA, but lots of backstabbing to get promoted

12 weeks paid maternity and 4 weeks paternal leave

Doremus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women were treated fairly, however agency not run well overall

Australia Post Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Genuine flexibility is on offer for those who want / need it but it definitely comes at a price... Very few women currently in senior leadership positions, even if they're experienced, brilliant and prepared to slog it out full time with the boys.

KIPP Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Women are in the majority here, but if you look at the leadership it is pretty much all men. My advice is to work here early in your career because when you are ready for career advancement, you will not be considered.