Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Monetate, Inc. to join us.

Buckelew Programs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Advocate for the highest possible salary coming in....ask for promotions and think strategically about value and path to increase . Have a plan, even if they don't use your plan, it make for good advancement conversation.

Work from home and flex hours are widely accepted for my department.

Bisk Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Go to learn the skillset and then move on to greener pastures.

There is no direction or vision. People are promoted based on how much they kiss up to the owner, not based on skill. The more secrets you spill, the higher you go.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Enterprise Engineering Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The firms is focused on areas that are high growth in the Financial Industry currently; therefore, the work is interesting. However, the hours are long and while there is flexibility, there are deadlines for client deliverables. Women who join the firm have to be comfortable in a high energy, direct, environment and willing to play multiple roles across the firm.

Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.6

Its all about who you know, not what you know.

Crane Materials International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would not recommend it at all.

The company did not have a maternity leave policy. I was the first female employee to get pregnant. Facing 0 weeks of paid maternity leave, I was able to negotiate a partially paid leave and was able to secure all commissions owed. The process to getting there was painful and uncertain.

Key Equipment Finance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Flexibility depends on department and manager.

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

November 2016

I spend 3 hours a day commuting to MSK, but it is worth it. As a Mom of young kids, I have the flexibilty to work from home when needed, leave early, shift my schedule to accomodate kids events at school, etc. While not everyone has this luxury, I do not take it for granted. Maternity leave- depending on the level of your position, you can receive 100% of your salary while on disability, and then utilize PTO for the rest of your leave. My 12 weeks was completely covered at 100% of my salary. However, lower level and some hourly positions are not extended the same benefit so this is not true for all MSK employees.

Kum & Go Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's hard to get information

PatientsLikeMe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very few women in upper management, but overall a fairly equal gender distribution. This is however a problem that should be addressed (getting more women into leadership roles) as the company continues to grow. Company is very supportive of flexible work schedules, with some departments having explicit "work from home" days. I was able to work a reduced schedule after maternity leave and keep my health benefits (min 20 hours for health benefits). The maternity leave policy also includes a disability policy that pays 60% of your salary for 5 weeks. This is worse than most companies in this industry, but sadly pretty good for the US. Many of the social activities involve alcohol (e.g. holiday party is usually at a whiskey bar with an open bar), and there is a beer fridge and regular ping pong at the office creating a bit of a frat boy atmosphere at times. Though some would call that a cool startup environment, it can be annoying or even alienating if you are pregnant or just don't like to drink with work people. Overall great people to work with and the flexibility of work place and time is especially great for people with young kids.