Nurse Manager

Healthcare

You need to be 100% committed to the company or you will not do well. Your position should come before anything. They normally have you working 36 hour weeks so they feel you should have your personal life taken care of on your days off and if you cannot then they expect you to find a family member or friend to do it for you.

All departments have the same policies and rules as far as flexibility is concerned. They expect you to be there at your scheduled time and if you are late 3 times you are written up, no matter what your home/life circumstances are that you have no control over.

Maybe. Nursing has always been a female role in the distant past. Now it has became wide open to men.as a woman we are paid decently, but the men are promoted very quickly, hired faster, they get raises much more frequently than a female RN. As a Master's degree RN myself; I do not have an issue with my position being insecure, but new nurses just graduating feel they are overlooked and underpaid compared to men with the same degree.

Registered Nurse (RN)

Healthcare

RUN Forrest RUN it is a horrible place they smile at you and pretend to be nice when they are stabbing a sharp knife in your FACE NOT BACK

there is no flexibility, they want a warm body that says RN and they do not want or care if you get a break, lunch or even get to use the restroom as long as their scores are great and the patients are fully satisfied with you

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

too many hours not enough time to get home sleep, shower and return no HELP at all no teamwork what so ever, if you ask anyone for help they will not help you they will smile and say yes but they never come to help you