Murphy-Hoffman Company

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Murphy-Hoffman Company to join us.

Fink Rosner Ershow-levenberg Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are single and have no attachments, this place might work for you. If you are looking for a supportive environment and advancement, I would recommend looking somewhere else.

This used to be a more family friendly employer. As time has gone on, not as much.

I am currently 32 weeks pregnant. I am planning on taking at least 6 weeks that is provided by the state disability program, unless I have a cesarean, which would entitle me to 8 weeks. However, we do not have paid leave here, only what state disability offers, which is 2/3 of my salary.

Upward Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Build up trust with your team and learn to work effectively when remote, and you'll get tons of flexibility here.

KUNC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My job came with its fair share of stress -- and that was fine. But when I tried to negotiate for unpaid leave following a family emergency, no one would even answer my requests. I asked my immediate supervisor twice, and the head of the station once. First the response was that I needed to return to work in order to discuss, then the response was that we couldn't discuss it until my vacation days run out. One month later, I'm terminated for productivity reasons. Funny, I brought up not feeling productive as the reason for why I would like unpaid leave. If you're single, child-less, sibling-less, parent-less, you'll be okay here. But I was appalled that people could ask me on the surface how my family was doing, yet show so little compassion for my leave needs -- especially since family leave is outlined in their handbook.

BAUER Hockey, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When HR describes the culture as "like a locker room," take heed. They are not on your side and turn a blind eye to the sexism. Many more men than women, maybe a 65-35 split. I heard something inappropriate in regards to women (like who is hot, who got fat, who is a b*tch) probably a few times a week. Complaining goes nowhere and may actually harm you. Management doesn't care and continues to promote and protect serial offenders. I gained a lot of experience with excel and access, and for that I am very thankful. I also think I grew a thicker skin to a certain extent. Salary was subpar- the company operates under the assumption that the coolness factor is more valuable than actual money. I don't have children but, depending on how well liked you were by the men, employees would gossip about taking time for kids/leaving early for games/accommodations for pregnancy. Only female executive is the VP of HR.

Chopper Trading LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company was bought out.

Social Science Research Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for five years. There are plenty of women on staff at every level, and the work/life balance is phenomenal. But, there is little room for advancement and maternity leave could be more generous considering this is a quasi-academic, lefty institution. The network of networks that we pride ourselves on nurturing strives for diversity, but I've been in plenty of rooms with only old white men in a place of power.

Industry Dive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a supportive and growth focused company with excellent benefits.

Speech Pathology Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company provides the minimum state-required paid sick leave (3 days). Maternity leave is limited to California state mandated leave (12 weeks unpaid FMLA, 6 weeks temporary disability at ~55% pay). There are good medical insurance options, but only one (the most expensive) includes infertility treatment at a $2000 lifetime cap. Apart from benefits, this is a good company to work for with competitive, negotiable salaries and good opportunities for professional development and advancement. However, for a company that is run by women and whose employees are 99% women, they are clearly not committed to supporting families and are better suited as a stepping stone for women early in their careers, or women returning to the workforce late in their careers.

Maybe. I would not recommend it to mothers/women intending to have children soon

Follett Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 10 years and found that women are treated just as equally as the men. We've have a woman and male president of the company. They don't base promotions on who you know or your gender. Everyone is given a fair chance at advancement.

WellSpring Resources Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I have worked for this company for a year an a half. I accepted the opportunity to work here with the intention of it being long term employment, but just could not stick it out. Very unsupportive work environment, little to no training after basics are covered and simply put employees are viewed as work horses and not humans.