Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

National Gallery of Art

www.nga.gov

Madam Rodin

Most of the staff is comprised of women, but it's run by an old boys club in the high level positions. There is less of a culture of sexism than there is of ageism. People refuse to retire from the Federal government, so you have an entire generation of staff who barely know how to attach a document to an email, much less want to evolve and adapt to new creative ways of doing things. If you're under the age of 35, you are treated like a child. Older women are clearly threatened by younger female employees and not many are supportive in terms of wanting to advance and promote staff. However, I will say that I have made wonderful friendships with many colleagues here. When I went on maternity leave, my colleagues donated over 80 hours of paid leave to me which tremendously helped my family financially.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It's overall a decent place to work, but it is run by a heirarchy of old men who really just need to retire.

Women Review National Gallery of Art for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of National Gallery of Art by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Madam Rodin