Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. http://www.nationwide.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.?

It's a big, slow moving company... but they've promoted women into leadership positions and executed a huge brand redefinition of late. I think they're getting increasinly progressive and supportive.

Lady Showerdancer Analyst Lead, IT

Nationwide works to keep diversity and woman's equality in the work force conversation. There is always more to be done, but with groups who share their experience, there is progress.

Lady anon497 Premium Processing

I worked for Nationwide for 7 years. Women hold many supervisor roles but when it gets up to the upper level management it is predominantly male-dominated.

Lady kk IT Senior Analyst, IT

I've worked at Nationwide for 3 years and there are a lot of women working at Nationwide, as well as a substantial amount in the IT department. However, I have noticed most women are in more support roles and not in upper/senior level management. The atmosphere among the women I work with is amazing. They are driven, caring, hardworking, and give me something to aspire to in my own career.

Lady columbus Marketing

On the surface and in some areas, it's a great company for women. Strong policies and HR team help. But at higher levels, there is a sense of a boys club. Look at the senior leaders, no women reporting to CEO except legal and HR....support functions but no women with P&L responsibility. That "women as support" mentality permeates. Regardless of level, try being the only woman in a meeting and not be expected to be the one to take notes. Mid-level male execs wear dress slacks and oxfords most days--jackets, ties, suits occassionally. Women are in skirts and jackets or suits almost every day of the week.

Depends on the role and department
Lady anonymous6

Large gender gap in IT leadership roles. No company acknowledgement of gender gap or pay equality issues. For most benefits, I feel Nationwide always implements fairly. For example, I think Nationwide is a leader in LGBT benefits, but implemented in a way that supports many non-traditional households. Based on that track record, I choose to trust there is not a huge pay gap. Despite lack of transparency on gender gap and pay equality issues, as a woman in IT at Nationwide, I feel respected and valued. Mostly, it's just lonely being the only woman in most meetings.

Women Review Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website anon2498 Lady Showerdancer Lady anon497 Lady kk Lady columbus Lady anonymous6