Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Nitro Software, Inc to join us.

Newsela Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Do not work for this company. Carefully read the negative reviews on Glassdoor and a pattern of inauthenticity, discrimination, and unfairness emerges. The CEO pretends to care, but his actions are louder than words. For evidence, I would suggest all women to read the reviews on Glassdoor and Owler carefully, paying especially close attention to the negative ones as they are usually the ones that are from actual employees and not implanted by the company's HR department.

Not punish whistle-blowers and those who offer objective, constructive, and evidence-based criticisms. Not play favorites with men employees and ignore the concerns from women employees. Actually improve diversity instead of just virtue-signaling with no follow-up.

S&P Global Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

There are great support networks for women here, however, it's important to have a thick skin and be competitive to achieve success.

RGP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

RGP offers flexibility and work/life balance. It is an excellent place to work.

RGP is extremely flexible. I have been here for 16 years and have had flexibility since I became a mom 6.5 years ago. RGP has always been by my side. They offer work/life balance for mom's. Don Murray, our founder, said he always hired women because they were determined. RGP's CEO is a woman who used to be our Chief Legal Officer.

I took extra time off.

Cradlepoint Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've experienced sexual harassment in the workplace at Cradlepoint. The male to female ratio is probably 10 to 1 with hardly any women in leadership roles. I would not recommend Cradlepoint as an employer to a woman.

They need to do all of the above: promote more women into leadership positions. There is one woman in a C level (CFO) and only one team manager out of six on the sales floor. Work-life balance is non-existent. There is no flex time because they don't treat their employees like professional adults. They don't trust they're employees without micromanaging them to death. Compensation is probably the worst I've experienced and is unfair across the company as to why some people make more than others with lesser qualifications and experience. It's very much an all boys club. There's different rules for different people. Healthcare for a family isn't affordable. I wish I had better things to say.

Hitachi America, Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Great culture - very diverse. Managers are awesome to work with.

N/A

Williams Mullen Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The overall policies of any law firm can be less important to your day-to-day life than the client management approach of your particular team. If projects are staffed appropriately, if your colleagues are diverse in their skill sets, if a team approach is encouraged, if the people who control work can deal with flexible schedules and remote working, you will be able to have a better work-life balance than you would at a place with facially attractive policies that help only in specific situations (i.e. A six-month maternity leave policy is of no help if your kids are 6 and 8 and you work in a heavy face-time environment). The firm seems to be encouraging flexibility and reducing face time expectations, and promoting to leadership positions people of the "parents of young kids" generation. The firm invests a lot in creating a collegial culture among the women attorneys and in retaining good talent.

I took 3 leaves at my prior employer. All were "paid -- meaning there was no break in my pay schedule -- but since compensation was entirely productivity-driven (as it often is for owners of small firms), my compensation was effectively reduced for years that were arguably less productive. That's fine to be reduced for a less productive year, but the firm had a three-year look back policy, so a maternity leave year impacted comp for three years. So, when people ask if I had paid maternity leave, I say, "yes. I paid for it for three years." Please note this was my prior firm, not this one. I provide it for context of how many midsized law firms operate (generally for shareholders, not associates.)

Michigan Public Health Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The overall company is staffed by women a lot of the time, but if you are a contract, you will be sent out to other agencies to work. I never had to file a complaint about the agency I was placed in, but I didn't feel intimidated at MPHI.

Mayer Brown Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked at this company for approximately 4 years. Several women have taken maternity leave and returned during my time here. The office is great for maternity leave, but not so supporting upon returning. There has been progress in supporting new mothers, but the mentality is hard to change. I think some associates have a difficult time with balancing their new home life demands and the demands of a stressful and uncompromising job.

Purdue University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

Indiana University Northwest Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Save more money, because maternity leave is only paid if you use your PTO to cover it. I had 6 weeks saved so that was used, but for the additional 6 (I was allowed 12 and used it all) I was unpaid. That was a financial hardship. Also, take advantage of the tuition assistance provided to all full-time employees. In a few months I will be starting a Master's program at the university where I work, and because I'm full-time I get a 50% discount. Because there are little to no career advancement opportunities here, furthering my education is the only option.