Nova Medical Centers

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Nova Medical Centers to join us.

Softchoice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Softchoice has a good culture not only for women but for both men and women with diverse backgrounds and thought.

Cheesecake Factory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Hard physical work if you are older. Since the restaurant has only been open for 7 months it very hard to gauge an income yet everyone I work withy id like a family to me. Very corporate, lots of rules. I will say you meet very interesting people and if you can engage them, you learn new languages, and catch a glimpse of their life for a moment.

Hard to plan your life. Since schedules and not consistent it is hard to plan ahead. They give you the option to release a shift, however if another serve does not pick it up you are obligated to work that shift.

Sigstr Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Incredible leadership, culture and people. Getting closer to having the same number of women as there are men, which is great to see in the tech startup world.

Deloitte Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

I've been with Deloitte for 1.5 years. At the lower levels, women and men seem equal but the higher you climb, the fewer women there are. Although the company preaches diversity and supporting women, the reality is that women have to find other female supporters and the upper echelons are full of white males. As a woman of color, I find it especially hard to network which, given the politics of a consulting firm, hurts my advancement in the firm despite high performance. Maternity (and paternity) leave is pretty generous and I know plenty of women who take it but leave taken is still counted toward utilization so taking maternity leave significantly impacts your year-end performance rating when you return. The firm is also very flexible with arranging local projects to limit travel for individuals with that need. Overall, I would say Deloitte is a great place to work for young singles and women with school-age children.

Maybe. Depends what life stage you are in--Deloitte has good maternity leave policies but the way the system is set up, you are still at a disadvantage for taking it.

Central Freight Lines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a male driven industry.

Building Engines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity policy is improving. Now that the company has hit the 50 employees mark, female employees are protected by FMLA laws. Which means standard maternity leave and short term disability.

Domino's Pizza Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This job seems to be equal in management which is very rare. Everyone communicates very well here and everyone is included in all events which is fantastic.

United States Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 16 months as a junior staffer. Although I received constant praise for going above and beyond my responsibilities, I was not publicly acknowledged for having done so an, more importantly, not given a bonus for the first 12 months. Under appreciation of junior staff was not limited to women, though. From a woman's perspective, the organization has very few women in senior management positions. Because of grant applications, I was able to know individuals' salaries and learned that women make significantly less than their male counterparts at the organization. Pay and incentives seem arbitrary - based more on personal connections or forcefulness rather than an employee's performance. This has likely affected women disproportionately as women tend not to ask (or demand) the same compensation as men. I did take maternity leave and found that I was lucky to have 6 weeks of paid short term disability for a vaginal delivery (8 weeks for Cesarean, only open to mothers who get medical note from their OBGYN) followed by 2 weeks for "baby bonding time" (open to fathers and adoptive parents as well). I realize this is "generous" for the United States, but the HR handling of my leave was less than satisfactory. The policy was not clear -- it is an amalgamation of several policies, nothing specifically written for maternity leave -- and the HR personnel was not careful when explaining my benefits to me.

Maybe. Yes because there is some paid maternity leave, which is better than many other organizations. If you are not going to need that leave, though, I would not recommend working here. Women are paid significantly less than men and during my time with the organization (CIPE, an affiliate of the US Chamber of Commerce), there were only two women in senior leadership and more than a dozen men.

Hunchan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Jervis B. Webb Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Know your worth! Fight (negotiate) for assignments you deserve. Don't let men talk for you or over you. Yes, you will have to work hard to prove you are as good as anyone else . . . just accept that fact. You will be fine :)