Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Novetta to join us.

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

Family Services of Western Pennsylvania Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The job is easy to do during and after pregnancy. But benefits are not the best pay out.

It's depends on the management you work with. Each office is different.

This employer stated 5 days off first then pecentage of pay during leave. Unless the doctor give you extra time you can collect 12 weeks total pecentage paid. 5-12 weeks with prescription.

Wawa Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That you dont really get the training they need an get pushed into places you dont want to be. I have to do alot of things on my own an it puts alot of stress on me an time away from my family,

University of Providence Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in leadership roles but they are paid peanuts and not really the best role models.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

depends on your direct report

Digitas LBi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

It's better for white women than for minority women and POC.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Increase diversity and inclusion - not only for women, but for people of color.

Manhattan Broadway Hotel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You may apply right away, he may not hire you know but who knows?

n/a

The boss or manager of this hotel(John Du) is very rude, selfish and completely inconsiderate of his male, night shift employees (he has gone through 4 in just two months and about ten since February). I wonder why, I mean, the common denominator is him. He curses you out, when you reach out to him with an issue (some very serious issues) he completely ignores and when he fires you, he makes his decision weeks prior to actually telling you and only so he can train someone else to replace you. He fired me unjustly and quite illegally so (I currently am starting a lawsuit against him and a previous guest who scammed him and cost me my job). He didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt and did not consider my outstanding work and loyalty, Instead he got scared by a pair of cons and lost a loyal employee with hig integrity. A true employee that would have, if given the chance, made his hotel that much better. He treats his day staff (females) like daughters or mistresses and his male night auditors like scum. His manager David expects you to be there 10 to 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift, unpaid and only so he can get home early because he lives far and will miss his train. So unprofessional and illegal. Yet if you stay an extra half hour or even ten minutes, they request you do not put on your time sheet. The job was great. I absolutely loved doing what i did. But these two are so utterly unprofessional and schemers that I just am glad I am no longer there.

Johnson Matthey Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

You will be undermined if you have a leadership position.

There is a general lack of respect and ethics in this company culture.

Social Science Research Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for five years. There are plenty of women on staff at every level, and the work/life balance is phenomenal. But, there is little room for advancement and maternity leave could be more generous considering this is a quasi-academic, lefty institution. The network of networks that we pride ourselves on nurturing strives for diversity, but I've been in plenty of rooms with only old white men in a place of power.

Alorica Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.2

not fair at all. any situation at all regarding family, they do not accept any type of explanations and dont care.

Comcast Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

May 2015

Never join a company that is in the process of a merger with a larger company. The company was originally TCI Communications sold to AT&T Broadband, then sold to Comcast. The pension account was disabled for those who worked for AT&T Broadband, so we didn't have control over that money and they didn't tell us that it wouldn't earn anymore dividends. In other words, we got screwed out of years of pension pay! Also, this company only pays women to a certain plateau, even though they will assign you management duties and responsibilities. The company doesn't value the loyal employees that helped build the company to the level it is at now. If they decide to do another merger, you could be the next one on the chopping block during their "across board reductions of staff". Then, they hire in contractors so they don't have to pay out benefits and give vacation time.