OneAmerica

"This company is behind in technology, business practices, and is in the midst of cultural change. They both want people who will speak up, respectively, be willing to take constructive feedback, and go above and beyond their job description. They expect a lot, and compensation is not transparent. Its not easy to tell where you fit and how to work your way up. Lots of changes going on that may change a lot of that. Hard to see the direction. "
One thing OneAmerica can improve?
"Again, flexibility is different in various departments and roles. Be sure this is the right fit during your interview. "
Would you recommend OneAmerica to other women?
"Some departments are better than others. IT for example. My work life balance and work satisfaction went up 10x in IT than in business operations. Be careful during interviews, and ask questions to make sure the team you'd be joining is a cultural fit for you."
"I've worked at OneAmerica for over one year. After one month I realized what a nightmare it is working here. The President and CEO is trying to change but under him there is a command-and-control environment. Divisions are silo'd and divisional management wants to control the smallest details. There is very little strategy to define overall direction so fire drills are an every day occurrence. 99% of divisional and executive management is white male, who don't always respect women's point of view and passion for work."
Would you recommend OneAmerica to other women?
"White men are the majority in VP and higher positions."