"Great place to work - recommen. Too bad it just got bought. "
One thing Opower can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend Opower to other women?
"It was a great place to work, although the Executive team can and should do more to make sure women are promoted into leadership positions. That said, who knows how the company will be in 6 months after the acquisition goes through."
One thing Opower can improve?
"Very uncertain time given the acquisition"
"We recently succeeded in increasing parental leave to 16 weeks paid for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers. However, with the acquisition, it's unclear if Oracle will honor this policy."
Would you recommend Opower to other women?
"Opower was recently acquired by Oracle, so it's unclear how, if at all, the corporate culture will shift. According to Oracle's website, only 29% of their employees are women."
"Opower is a high intensity company with a vibrant, young vibe. Due to the long hours and stress levels, though, it does seem that there is a higher than normal level of burnout (vs what I've seen at the other software companies I've worked for). I think the company IS STARTING TO go out of its way to make up for past issues with diversity but they have a lot of ground to make up so it will take some time. Pay is less than what I would expect given work load but I'm not sure if that discrepancy leans more toward one gender or not (I have no insight into pay)."
One thing Opower can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit facetime)"
Would you recommend Opower to other women?
"It is a great place to work if you have kids. As a women (with or without kids), there are defintely some improvements that could be made. For example, leadership is mostly (white) males. "
, Client Success
Would you recommend Opower to other women?
"Come work here, but be ready to fight for yourself, especially in a technical role."
Would you recommend Opower to other women?
"I like my job, I like the work that I do, and I like my coworkers. But I'd be lying if I said there weren't things I see here that bother me a lot. A team that hasn't hired a woman in years, women who are promoted later than their male colleagues, a woman who makes less than a man at a lower level in the same job, or reviews that use words like "abrasive" or "overly confident" to describe women. "
"Day-to-day life is pretty fun and colleagues are wonderfully supportive, kind, and intelligent. However, success (growth, promotions) largely requires waiting to be "plucked" up by an advocate, and much of the leadership team are males so it is difficult to find a female role model to emulate, get advice from, or be advocated for by. "
One thing Opower can improve?
"Don't have promotions and performance visibility be so dependent on luck of who your manager is and on your personality type. "
, Client Success