Opower www.opower.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Opower?

Opower has been great to me. We recently sold to Oracle, not sure what will change or if I will even have a job anymore.

Merger with Oracle happening, not sure what's to come.
pineapple234

No women at the top. Some diversity efforts in play, but no awesome results yet.

Not enough women in positions of influence

Great place to work - recommen. Too bad it just got bought.

It was a great place to work, although the Executive team can and should do more to make sure women are promoted into leadership positions. That said, who knows how the company will be in 6 months after the acquisition goes through.

We recently succeeded in increasing parental leave to 16 weeks paid for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers. However, with the acquisition, it's unclear if Oracle will honor this policy.
Opower was recently acquired by Oracle, so it's unclear how, if at all, the corporate culture will shift. According to Oracle's website, only 29% of their employees are women.
Very uncertain time given the acquisition
lavendar1

Opower is a high intensity company with a vibrant, young vibe. Due to the long hours and stress levels, though, it does seem that there is a higher than normal level of burnout (vs what I've seen at the other software companies I've worked for). I think the company IS STARTING TO go out of its way to make up for past issues with diversity but they have a lot of ground to make up so it will take some time. Pay is less than what I would expect given work load but I'm not sure if that discrepancy leans more toward one gender or not (I have no insight into pay).

anon1432 Client Success

It is a great place to work if you have kids. As a women (with or without kids), there are defintely some improvements that could be made. For example, leadership is mostly (white) males.

Come work here, but be ready to fight for yourself, especially in a technical role.

I like my job, I like the work that I do, and I like my coworkers. But I'd be lying if I said there weren't things I see here that bother me a lot. A team that hasn't hired a woman in years, women who are promoted later than their male colleagues, a woman who makes less than a man at a lower level in the same job, or reviews that use words like "abrasive" or "overly confident" to describe women.
hellO Client Success

Day-to-day life is pretty fun and colleagues are wonderfully supportive, kind, and intelligent. However, success (growth, promotions) largely requires waiting to be "plucked" up by an advocate, and much of the leadership team are males so it is difficult to find a female role model to emulate, get advice from, or be advocated for by.

Don't have promotions and performance visibility be so dependent on luck of who your manager is and on your personality type.
matadeenjs16

Opower is trying to make great strides in being more woman-friendly. They've recently increased primary care leave to 4 months, however secondary care leave is still at 4 weeks. They should really increase this to 4 months as well to be truly family- and woman-friendly. They've also published their diversity and inclusion board, and say they are making an effort ot hire more women and underrepresented minorities into tech and leadership positions. So far they have no been successful, so it remains to be seen how they do in 2016.

Opower11

Opower has better intentions than it does data or performance. There is a real systemic bias issue, and that won't change until top level leadership changes. That being said, many women have very positive experiences on the day to day, it's just when trying to achieve higher levels of leadership that we seem to hit a ceiling.

have had mixed experience. Some aspects great, others, not good.

Women Review Opower for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Opower by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 19 reviews Company Website anon1510 pineapple234 anon1463 lavendar1 anon1432 anon1426 hellO matadeenjs16 Opower11