Orange Regional Medical Center

www.ormc.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Orange Regional Medical Center to join us.

Overstock.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There's a lot of hegemony at the company, and a lot of nepotism, particularly in upper management. Sometimes it's difficult to extract your job from those goings ons, so the culture is very chaotic.

Again, I think this is department specific. My team is very understanding, and pretty flexible, but that's definitely not true within other departments. Also, since my team is responsible for technical operations (i.e., keeping the site up), I already had an expectation that my hours would often be long and unusual.

Babson College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Overall great experience. There is opportunity for flexibility and work/life balance. Not a lot of opportunity for growth/development if used to the corporate environment.

Depends on role and department

Was able to use my vacation against the unpaid weeks. Really easy process and current boss was flexible with my return.

BCBG Max Azria Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Looks matter; there is pressure to lose weight and be beautiful

Chubb Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This is a place that prizes "merit" above all else. Unfortunately, "merit" is more complicated than management wants to accept, and the typical interference with the ideal that you would expect from male-dominated management finding it easier to connect and work with people "like" them exists, as do policies based on antiquated gender roles (poor maternity leave, no paternity leave), overreliance on facetime, and a lack of women or family-friendly voices at the decision-making table. Also, executive management recognizes that there is a problem with retention and promotion of women and has been paying lip service to improving it, and taking actual baby steps like creating a true women's discussion group.

Eversource Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great cuture, environment, workplace. Hope to see women in leadership roles.

CGI Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Learn about the business unit/organization you would've joining. During my 11+ years I've been with CGI, many women have been in top leadership positions. It seems contradictory to say women being promoted is why I am dissatisfied, but it is very apparent in the organization where I work. The practice I am part of mirrors Silicon Valley rather than the rest of CGI. My directors only care they get no negative feedback from the project or client I support. Otherwise my work and contribution mean nothing.

I was surprised to see women get 10 weeks paid maternity leave. I have never seen that before or heard that from coworkers who took maternity leave.

Brown Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They treat you very well when you first start. During my time there I got married and had my first child. My husband called me and said that my newborn child was having problems breathing and that he got her in right away at the clinic I was working at. I found someone to cover for me and went to the appointment with him. They wrote me up for doing this. Then, a few weeks after, I took a low census. They tried calling me the day that I took this low census and I was giving my child a bath and didn't hear my phone. I called them back within an hour later and they said that already had someone else covering it. Then, they called me into their office later that day and said that I could bring my child with me. I found someone to watch my child and I went in there and they said that it wasn't working out. This were just main things regarding my pregnancy and raising my first child in this environment that would make me not recommend this company. Before I went on maternity leave, they treated me decent. After I got back, they treated me like everything I did was wrong and tore me apart. I wasn't the first person that they did this to and I will more than likely not be the last.

Kraft Foods Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

I worked here for almost 4 years. I looked at this job as just that...a job. A stepping stone that helped pay the bills, but would never make us rich by any means. It was a shame a big company such as Kraft could pay so poorly while making huge profits. Then again, no one was putting a gun to my head. I took the job knowing it was what it was, a part time that allowed me to make my own hours and work around my kid's schedules. The pay was poor and there were no benefits whatsoever. My boss, on the other hand, was awesome. She really did appreciate us and told us this every day. She even gave her "team" gift cards at Christmas, but it was out of her own pocket. Kraft didn't reimburse her! Kraft didn't pay any of us bonuses for cleaning up the messes the sales teams left behind but instead gave the sales reps bonuses for increasing sales out in the field! Although I never planned on making this a permanent job, I did like the clients I visited. I had really good customers. Then, out of the blue, mine and all those across the country with the same position as myself, got our pink slips without the courtesy of a warning. We got one week's notice. Months pass when out of the blue I get a call from my old manager. She is excited to tell all of us that we can have our old jobs back if we want. We would have the same territories, with the possibility of new accounts. However, there would be no pay increases. Basically the same old job,only a year newer. I wanted to say no, but I loved my manager. She couldn't help what was happening and was equally as effected by the loss since her job was tied to ours! I told her yes, that I'd help her out, but with the intention that I wouldn't be staying and probably would leave at year's end. Well, Kraft beat me to the punch. Again. Just this past month, Kraft told its managers to once again fire the Beverage Reps as we were no longer needed due to the merger with Heinz! I was shocked, amazed at their careless handling of their employees. I think they forget that although they don't "see" us, we are out there working for them. We are people, too. So, you might have fooled me once, then stupidly twice...there won't be a third. Not for me. I would never recommend Kraft foods to either man, woman or troll.

Toyota Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Toyota is an awesome place to work, and is great for interns. I was surprised by how many female engineers were in the department where I worked. Everybody was respectful, and I never felt like I wasn't an equal. I worked in the D.C. office, and I definitely recommend Toyota for anybody looking for a valuable, fun, and amazing internship experience.

Rent the Runway Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

Amazing concept and company mission that is very inspiring for women. Two female founders walk the talk, for the most part. Flexible vacation days and work schedules, although the hours are long and work environment can be intense.