Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Oscar de la Renta to join us.

United Sports Brands Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2018

Push for more women in leadership positions despite industry 'norms'.

Ethicon Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Ethicon is a good place to work, and offers a number of opportunities for career advancement as well as formal mentorship programs for Women’s Leadership

Phenomenal maternity leave policy. Paid 100%. Also have 8 weeks paid paternity leave for fathers. The leave policy also applies to new parents of adopted children.

University of the Virgin Islands Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Meeting your employer halfway with quality work pays great dividends.

Crossmark Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

Beautiful building, awesome, food court, nice people, but constant layoffs.

VW Credit, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.7

That you must have integrity, and don't be afraid to express your authenticity.

West Elm Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a great place for women to feel empowered in the work place. Time off is limited and not competitive in the NYC market. Maternity leave is also not good.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for more than 6 years. I left a job which paid significantly more because this job offered benefits (vacation, sick, health insurance, 401(k), and when taking all of these things into account, the total compensation was close to what I was making. I was promised regular performance reviews and told I could expect raises commensurate with the quality of work I performed. In the first couple of years, I had a couple of reviews and got only minimal raises in spite of excellent work product. After the first couple of years, a "moratorium" was put on future raises. Profanity goes unchecked in this workplace. Although multiple people reported one particular person's frequent use of the c-word, this employee was only ever reprimanded and sent home for a day or two. For more than 6 years this went on, and to my knowledge, the employee is still there. (He is their largest money-maker) On several occasions, I discussed company morale with the CEO. Nothing was done. Management is more interested in profit-taking than in the people who work for this company. The paralegals are vastly underpaid given the work they do. When I did finally give my notice, and brought up the CEO's failure to deliver on regular reviews/raises, blame was passed to me for failing to ask for such. In my opinion, raises are given as a reward for excellent work. It should not be up to the employee to demand them. Finally, in light of the "moratorium" which was never "lifted," why would any person believe the request for a raise would be granted—particularly when it was common knowledge many requests for such had been denied, even prior to the moratorium. The culture of this business is toxic.

Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Horrible work environment. Moral low.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

C-4 Analytics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company was founded in a strip club and named after 2 people with C-Cups walked by. They held a company party at Hooters. Besides the unpaid illegal interns, they also required you work through lunch and be generally unhappy.