Outbrain

www.outbrain.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Outbrain to join us.

Ipsen Bioscience Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They have more temp staff than permanent staff. As such it is hard to be an administrative staff person as most are supporting upwards of 15 to 25 people.

Not for Pay, Hiring

National Association of Chain Drug Stores Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work if you don't mind the lack of promotional opportunities. It's not that they don't want you to ascend the ranks - just that it's such a small company there's not much to ascend to after a while.

Short Term Disability plus vacation/sick leave.

St. Martin's Press Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working here is like being part of a family- faults and all.

Once you are at a certain level you are granted much more flexibility. They are very respectful of work-life balance.

East Coast Repair & Fabrication, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The office environment was very awkward and very boring at times. I was let go a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant because I had dozed off for a few minutes, I know you shouldn't sleep at work but I was in my first trimester and I stared at a computer for 8+ hours a day. I spoke to my manager about what happened and she completely understood, but the owner didn't even try to understand as I was let go the next day. I had no other major incidents happen prior to this one.

The head of the accounting department was very flexible as she understood that things come up that you can't control. The owner of the company however seemed less understanding unless he liked you personally.

Be more lenient and understanding

Advantax Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Yes - we are treated fairly and equally - in fact we are in the majority of all positions at business

Indian Health Service Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

There are plenty of opportunities to grow your career at work, but this may come at the cost of staying longer at work. Most female professionals here do not have young children.

RPA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

While senior management is comprised of mostly men, there are a lot of women in lower-level management positions.

Lydecker | Diaz Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The firm can offer a lot of flexibility, but overall there is a desire to see people in their offices after 6pm. This doesn't work for people outside of the young/not yet settled down category. The firm does not provide paid maternity leave at all. The doctor appointments, etc required during pregnancy are seen as not keeping up with your hourly requirements. No one has a bad attitude per se, but there is not much experience here dealing with pregnant women.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

COMPanion Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I was treated as a sub par engineer. I was required to follow rules that the men were always breaking. If the men broke them nothing was said. If I broke them I was called into my manager's office and given a lecture and told I must follow them. My manager was a female.