Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Pacific Education Institute to join us.

S&A Produce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

The company has got a great potential, but you must be able and willing to fight for it and push yourself and your team forward, to progress and develop. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in the same place and become miserable.

Due to the business nature, every white collar employee is expected to work all year long, however managers out in the field only fulfill their duties during the season.

Martin Luther Care Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Run, don’t walk, away from this company. They only care about a blemish free record and money.

They don’t like you taking time off, even when your sick. You get written up for it, A lot of times you don’t get a brake at work because of understaffing, too much work.

Treat us like human beings, not robots. Over worked. Hostile environment.

The Apparel Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I love it except for the fact I took a 25% pay decrease. They are great about hiring seasoned workers but not respecting their value- young and old alike are seriously underpaid. However, the chance to work near home in my field is gratifying. Excellent health benefits make up for some of the lost income however I could not support myself without my husbands income.

They are flexible which is much appreciated.

University of New Hampshire Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's important to do your job well, the flexibility will follow.

Flexibility really depends on the job duties and direct manager.

Schoolzilla Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very supportive of women. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the women in leadership. They were a huge support to my career and were largely influential in getting me to where I am today.

J.B. Hunt Transport inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's deceptive if you only look at top management as an indicator of jbh being women friendly. One of the most powerful executives is a woman. However, in the lower ranks, there is little room to move around unless you are willing to take demotions and the pay is ridiculously low. I've been in 3 positions in 5 yrs and still make so little my son gets free lunch at school.

RPA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

While senior management is comprised of mostly men, there are a lot of women in lower-level management positions.

TCG, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small employers (and TCG is just over 100 employees) have a hard time providing benefits because there are so few people to share the burden, but TCG does a better job than most with support for emergency sick-child care, generous work-from-home policies, an adamant position against working long hours (managers chide you and find alternatives for you if you work more than 44 hours a week for more than two weeks), and family-friendly benefits. Because the employees either work from home or on government clients' sites, nursing rooms and on-site childcare are either not necessary or subject to clients' policies. But flexible hours are supported, and the management will take it up with clients if they are not sufficiently accommodating.

Hayneedle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3 years, and in my opinion, women are treated quite fairly here. In fact, there are more women in leadership roles than men, by my count. I'd say the maternity leave policy is average.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Duke University has a great, well-deserved reputation for its academic excellence. Duke, overall, is also known to have great benefits which I can agree with, in general. However, the Duke Clinical Research Institute, or DCRI for short, falls under the School of Medicine and doesn't have nearly as great of a reputation. Yes, there are smart, well published faculty and impressive research work that has come out of this place but it's a dismal work experience complete with stale employees who have been there too long, forced hierarchies, overly authoritative management, a less than energetic vibe throughout the place and poor quality work. It's true what they say - - make it through that first 3 months of probation and you are a "keeper". You'll work incredibly hard during that first 3 months to prove yourself but once they pass you then you are considered to be a good asset. Now, be prepared to take tons of training classes and to work long hours if you are forced to train AND work on a project immediately out the gate. Beware of being "set up to fail". The DCRI is notorious for doing this to people and everyone will know you're being set up and you'll be the last to know. Advocate for yourself early but if you need your job and can't afford to lose it, then don't speak up too much during that first 3 months. They are not afraid to terminate people and take great pleasure in being able to do so during probation because after probation it is really hard to get someone fired (or, so I have heard). Quality is low and morale is even lower here. Management burned a lot of people a few years ago and people are still talking about it (even to new hires who haven't been on the job for a few weeks!). Senior management is not great. They will appear to advocate for you (one will always claim he is ready to "defend" you) but this is not always the case. Industry trials keep DCRI afloat. You'll learn this during the 1-week long Orientation (which is actually a very nice welcome). Government trials make no money here and these trials are known as slower than industry trials (the lesser talented folks have been known to be put on government trials). People are messing up on projects all the time and never lose their jobs. Staffing is a nightmare - - DCRI can't hire people fast enough or at all. So, tons of contractors are hired for way more money than the salaried employees. Some of these folks have been at DCRI for decades and so their poor performance is often overlooked by their loyalty time and time again. Management has encouraged the growth of a hostile environment (forcing others to talk to people in really mean ways) and then does very little to stop the bullying that occurs as a result of this hostility breeding. Most of the leadership of the top brass are men. Women then make up a better portion of the next layer of management. Blacks and minorities are not represented well in management at all. There are a number of black people who have been at this company for a decade or two and still remain at a low administrative level or not at the top of their job title. Bottomline advice: Work here if you absolutely need the job for money or experience. Then take what you have learned and find a great job at an amazing employer.