Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

www.pnnl.gov/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory to join us.

Snowbound Software Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is some lag in this company when it comes to pay equity, but as we hire more women, it's getting better. So, the more women here, the more power we have.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

We follow MA state regulations, but allow parents to take up to 12 weeks unpaid even though we are not subject to FMLA.

Rolling Stone Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

I worked here for a very long time and was very happy in many ways. Really smart people and colleagues who were like family. But now that I'm gone it makes me slightly ill to think about how much of a boys club it really is. Ninety-five percent of the women there are in support positions. There were only two female editors in the decade-plus that I worked there (not including online, though that was never a priority until the last few years, so...). Very few (less than five) women there had children. There was zero work/life balance. I asked for every raise, promotion and title change I received, unlike the men I worked with. If you choose to work there, be sure to go in with your eyes open.

I had 12 weeks total. One week sick days, 6 weeks paid, three weeks vacation paid out after I returned to work, two weeks unpaid.

Art Van Furniture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not very family friendly. Unflexible hours and management is predominantly males. Some women have been promoted but the cuttthroat atmosphere doesn't lend itself to mentoring or support.

Benefitfocus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work! There are several women in leadership positions here. Work-life balance depends on what department you are in; you may work a lot of hours, but I've never been denied the flexibility to leave to pick up a sick child or take days off to spend time with my family. There is no maternity leave, which I think is a huge lack in the company's benefits (especially with the number of women at the company having children).

No paid employer leave. I took STD and used vacation/sick time for the remainder of my time off.

Panasonic Healthcare Corporation of North America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The parent company is Japanese, which is a male dominated culture. I found it either overly confining (I had to participate in late night Japan-time conference calls without notice, from the office, or overly patronizing: "can we take your husband out to dinner because we've kept you late every night this week?")

Ripple Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While there aren't very many women on the engineering teams right now, they are making an excellent effort to hire more (and they're making progress). My boss (and some coworkers) make a concerted effort to talk to me about my experience at the company and any improvements I think need to be made from my experience as a woman on the team. I feel like my opinions and experiences are valued and respected. The company also has a great work/life balance. You aren't expected to do work on the weekends and most people are out of the office by 6 or 7 every evening. We have an unlimited PTO policy, but not an official maternity/paternity policy which is worrisome. A few people have taken paternity leave since I've been at the company, but I haven't been here long enough for someone to take maternity leave (not too many women...). One employee only took a week for his paternity leave while the other took a month or two, I think it was personal preference.

WIL Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Some managers are hard on female employees for requesting additional maternity leave. Work to life balance is a constant struggle and I would like to have more flexibility.

UF Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3 years and I would say the majority of employees are women. However, management and the C-suite are dominated by men. I have not seen any women advance in a significant way in my time here. Also, they have no formal maternity leave policy here so it is essentially up to the discretion of individual managers. I believe that going out on maternity leave has negatively impacted my chances of being promoted. The whole returning from maternity leave process was handled very poorly by my supervisor and HR, despite my best efforts to prepare everyone, and I would not recommend this organization to other women. Flex time is not an option nor is working from home.

Billabong Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for four years and really enjoyed my time. Like anywhere else it really depends on the manager you work for. My department was headed by a man but at one point that position was shared by a woman and most of the staff and managers supporting the VP were women. However the HR/Benefits didn't provide much for women though I understand there is new management since I've left. Overall I really loved working there.

National Football League Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

I worked there for three years, and found it to be a place where there were struggles between the "old guard" who had been there forever and were lifers, versus the newer folks who wanted to make change and improve things. The pay was pretty bad across the board.