Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at PAE to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Briljent

100%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
11/8/16, 3:09 PM

Speak up. You don't get what you don't ask for.

Maybe. We are a woman-owned business with many women in leadership ...
On my team, I think it would help to be clear about our expectations of each other and the roles we play. I would prefer to not be the one taking care of the logistics and details forever- at some point I want to focus more big-picture as the men on my team currently get to do. I am not actually detail-oriented- I'm just expected to be because I'm a woman.

Engility Corporation

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend
7/19/16, 2:33 AM

Female management is terrible, I was literally told by female manager to get a better offer from another company to be considered for a raise. The company has no value in employees and very little to women equality. I left to work for better company and the 2nd person was a much younger pompus male who also left because he knew he couldn't trust our female manager. She was poison trying to gain approval of male management.

The Columbia Group

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
5/11/16, 8:46 PM

This company is very flexible with hours and very supportive of women who are pregnant and families in general with young children. The downside is they are on the lower end of the compensation scale, and while they offer STD for pregnancy, it only covers about 60% of your pay. My advice, if you want to work for them, is only accept a compensation package that you would be happy with (with receiving a signficant raise) for several years.

CSRA

100%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
5/4/16, 7:06 PM

It's a good place to work if you're raising a family. I had several coworkers, both male and female, that were able to leave early to pick up their kids or whatever.

Maybe. I haven't worked for CSRA since they were part of CSC. At th ...

3/14/16, 4:21 PM

I worked here a number of years ago, was gone for quite a while, now back for about 12 years. Much progress has been made since my first experience, especially with work schedule flexibility and the number of women in management positions. A lot of women work in science and engineering positions. The number of women in management is improving as women work their way up (the current President and Lab Director is a technical woman promoted from within, a first for a national lab). In the day to day work environment women in my area seem to be treated equally. There are some lab-wide programs to give women networking and mentoring opportunities.

1/27/16, 7:20 AM

Sandia is very big and your experience depends mostly on which department you are in. There are many women at Sandia, mostly in managerial roles and support roles. Only 20% of technical positions are held by women. The work is novel and interesting. Collaboration, mentoring, and learning are valued. Employees have flexible work hours, sick leave, maternity leave, and a medical clinic onsite. Scientists and engineers have to conform a certain stereotype to fit in. It's a boys club. You can succeed if you work harder than then men around you. At the corporate level, they say they want to hire more women, but there are no policies to make it happen. Sandia is a much better place for women in business, HR, and management than it is for women in technical fields.

Maybe. It depends on the department

1/26/16, 9:00 PM

I have worked here for six years and have never felt gender was an issue in my advancement. The workforce is very family-oriented - maternity, and paternity leaves are well-supported by management. There are individuals who are sexist, but in general the company culture is very supportive of both men and women.

1/26/16, 5:09 PM

I've worked here for 5 years and it is my first position out of graduate school. Overall happy with the company and the career progression so far. I'm happy we have the first woman president for the DOE labs and I think women are treated fairly and with respect. The work is often stressful and politically driven but the people are enjoyable to work with.

1/25/16, 10:01 PM

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, both in management and in professional roles. There are more women than men in my field. Women are treated fairly and the work and schedules are flexible which is a benefit for parents. I have never taken a long leave of absence so I am not sure how this affects employees or what the benefits are. Our annual raises and bonuses are better than most other companies located nearby. I am not sure how the company compares nationally. It can be very bureaucratic but overall, a great place tot work.

1/25/16, 8:37 PM

I've been at SNL for 4 years and I see lots of opportunities for women at all levels. My management has been extremely supportive of my career advancement and is willing to go to bat for me.