Parttime

www.parttime.nl

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Parttime to join us.

Otis Elevator Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to ask for what you are worth. Don't expect the owners to just give it to you. You have to be proactive and assertive. This is true for men as well.

Actually, my biggest problem with my current employer is that I do not agree with critical organizational decisions that are being made, primarily in the area of professionalism and ethics.

Vail Resorts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Plan to work every weekend through the ski and golf season

Americaneagle.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Overall, this is a wonderful place to work and the people are amazing. This is still a company and as a successful business, they do expect you to get your work done. This is not a place where you can slack off and expect to be successful. If you need to work remotely 100% of the time from day 1, this probably isn't the best place for you.

It's a family owned & operated business so family is very important to the owners. Compared to my previous employer, Americaneagle.com is extremely flexible and offers flex time, work from home, and part time options (depending on your role and skill level).

Legal Interpreting Services, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will love working here. Both main offices have great folks that are easy to work with. Most everyone is a pleasure - that isn't always true everywhere! It's government contracting, so there's high expectation but there's also room to grow. You can run your own area and expand without micromanaging. To be fully honest, the health insurance for families is a little high.

For HQ people, the company directly can decide and change hours. For people working on contracts, the hours are set by the client. The below applies only to HQ. Working remotely is discouraged and the core hours are a full shift. However, when unusual circumstances require flexibility, there is no problem with getting adjustments made. 100% management will work with you.

Core Creative Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The culture is incredibly flexible and supportive. People are treated like adults and trusted to do their work.

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been very happy, both with the project I am working on and with the people I am working with. However, there seems to be a fair about of 'unconscious' bias at work here. There are 10 independent faculty members only 1 of them is female, and she seems to do the lion's share of the 'care taking' in terms of organizing social events and emotional support of newer faculty. While at lower levels in the research team the ratio female to male is very different( Instructor 1:2; Postdoc 1:1; Research Assistant 7:10). Invited lectures have also been predominately male (19/20 invited speakers were at the annual symposium over the lat 4 years). There are a number of subtle factors at play here, but because the people in charge of recruiting are scientists, they believe they are operation without bias. Suggestions of unconscious bias playing a role have been met (in the past) with anger and derision.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Joy Cone Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Joy Cone is extremely flexible and understanding of the needs of working mothers. My supervisors have worked with me throughout two pregnancies and maternity leaves, and have given me flexibility above and beyond what I expected. While I do not have paid maternity leave, the flexibility that I am given is very, very valuable. This truly is a family-friendly company and a great place to work.

Noridian Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

n/a

Dow Jones Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

When I started at the company I was very pregnant and had to negotiate my maternity leave-- fortunately, my CEO at the time was very supportive. I was an executive with a global role in a company that was (and still is) going through a major restructuring, which meant I never stopped working, traveled frequently and had a considerable amount of stress. It was difficult balancing a hyper stressful career with a newborn, though I imagine women in similar positions within large corporate structures experience the same thing. Overall, I believe the companies really does try to offer a good work/life balance, but the company's constant transition makes this reality difficult.