Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP to join us.

World First Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Women are on the rise at WorldFirst. While the financial industry is male-heavy, women at our company are coming up increasingly.

WorldFirst gives 12 weeks at full-salary pay and an optional additional 12 weeks at a percentage of pay due to company-paid short term disability.

EZShield Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Consider it if you don't have children or other similar priorities that could require you to adjust your work schedule.

There was flexibility for dropping off and picking up kids. However, there was often guilt from my supervisor that accompanied it.

Webster Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They promote women within and are working grow and promote wormen developmet they just havent hit the mark as yet.

Depending on what office you are in makes all the difference with your hours. some offices are open are the weekend.

Panda Restaurant Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a student, they worked well with my schedule. They were very flexible. Worked with friendly people. Main cons would probably just be dealing with certain customers that can give you a hard time.

Taulia Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Taulia is a good place to work. The people are friendly and you can earn respect. The issues are mostly with upper management - for most of the time they didn't have any women on the Executive Team. All three women that joined the executive team at VP or executive level didn't last. This is likely more of a problem of being in the financial enterprise tech space than overt sexism, but those attitudes definitely exist subconsciously in many at the top. But it's tough try to work you way up in a company that doesn't present any indication you are welcome at the top.

Doctor on Demand Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Very flexible shifts. You can work from home 100% of the time. Overtime is always available. Unlimited PTO including for parental leave. Great benefits. Great pay. Management puts the work/life balance and happiness of employees as a top priority.

Pierpont Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My co-worker was given highly unprofessional comments to "improve herself" during her performace review.

Lettuce Entertain You Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been working here for about 2 1/2 years, and as a woman in this role, in this company, it's most common that we are perceived by customers and by managers and other roles as 'expendable' and/or without valuable input or observation, no matter what observations one has culled from seeing high turnover in various positions that have created instability and ultimately, income loss for individuals and the company/location overall through the years. Both in the male-dominated middle and upper management and corporate head levels, as well as the lower, female-dominated in-store managerial and serving roles, an increasing lack of employee development coupled with decreasing benefits has lowered morale and ultimately supported a more subjective individual review environment also resulting in a degradation in professional relationships. For part-time roles, such as "server" or "bartender", the restaurant minimizes scheduled hours so as to prevent qualification for benefits such as insurance or vacation pay. The availability of such scheduling is subjective, based on personal relationships with managerial staff. If one calls in sick, they are sometimes removed from their current schedule opportunities in the future. Therefore, the idea of maternity leave is ridiculous for the vast majority of women in these roles.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for more than 6 years. I left a job which paid significantly more because this job offered benefits (vacation, sick, health insurance, 401(k), and when taking all of these things into account, the total compensation was close to what I was making. I was promised regular performance reviews and told I could expect raises commensurate with the quality of work I performed. In the first couple of years, I had a couple of reviews and got only minimal raises in spite of excellent work product. After the first couple of years, a "moratorium" was put on future raises. Profanity goes unchecked in this workplace. Although multiple people reported one particular person's frequent use of the c-word, this employee was only ever reprimanded and sent home for a day or two. For more than 6 years this went on, and to my knowledge, the employee is still there. (He is their largest money-maker) On several occasions, I discussed company morale with the CEO. Nothing was done. Management is more interested in profit-taking than in the people who work for this company. The paralegals are vastly underpaid given the work they do. When I did finally give my notice, and brought up the CEO's failure to deliver on regular reviews/raises, blame was passed to me for failing to ask for such. In my opinion, raises are given as a reward for excellent work. It should not be up to the employee to demand them. Finally, in light of the "moratorium" which was never "lifted," why would any person believe the request for a raise would be granted—particularly when it was common knowledge many requests for such had been denied, even prior to the moratorium. The culture of this business is toxic.

California Certified Organic Farmers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women dominate the company. They are in leadership roles. Lots of young working moms. Very supportive and family friendly.