Perkins Coie https://www.perkinscoie.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Perkins Coie?
changeisgood Associate Attorney, Civil Litigation

Just because the company policies make it a great place for women with family-friendly policies on paper, the leaders of individual practice groups may penalize women for taking leave or limiting work days to ten hours.

I would recommend certain practice groups, where hourly billing expectations are reasonable and work/life balance is in place.
1201third98101 Attorney/Lawyer

The policies are good, but it's the people you work with that will control opportunities, promotion, and day-to-day culture. The firm does not do a good job of enforcing its culture firmwise, so vet the people you'll be working with carefully.

The policy has changed.
1201third Attorney

The firm has great policies, but what counts are the people you're working directly with and for. Policies don't affect promotion and professional opportunities; people do.

The policy has changed since I took leave.
Lady Mischief Paralegal, IP

I've worked here for 4 years, and women are still primarily in support roles. About 19% of partners are women (around 30-35% of attorneys overall are women, I think). There are a lot of women in headquarters leadership, but most of them are not attorneys. Paid maternity leave is generous compared to other companies (although not necessarily other firms), but none of the attorneys I know took the full amount of time.

Lady Mfrns

You need to learn to play the corporate game from the very beginning. After a while, it doesn't matter if you are a good lawyer and a reliable and loyal part of the team. Instead you need to learn how to be competitive with your colleagues and fight tooth and nail to get credit for the good work you do for clients.

Lady Natalia Associate

I have worked here for six years and I wish I had known what went on in the background and how politicized decisions about promotion are. I thought doing good work and billing enough time would be enough, but there is a lot more involved.

I took extra unpaid leave (about a month) and was accommodated going part time (70%). I am able to work from home.

Women Review Perkins Coie for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Perkins Coie by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.6 stars, based on 7 reviews Company Website changeisgood 1201third98101 1201third Lady Mischief Lady Mfrns Lady Natalia Lady anon1107