Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at PFITECH to join us.

Forrester Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Smart and fun people to work with in general, but I’d say some teams or even whole departments have a toxic dynamic built into their daily operation. As someone else mentioned it does have the feel of an old boys club, and it can even seem at times that men’s ideas are more valued over women's. Organizational culture makes me think of old-school practices still deeply ingrained. For instance, they offer work from home flexibility after hitting 6 months to 1-year mark depending on when you join, but this is something that pretty much everyone will quietly judge you for if you do decide to take advantage of this perk and I have heard similar stories from moms working flex/part-time. Also, Forrester has a somewhat generous time-off policy although a majority of folks take pride in not using up their vacation time.

Flex-time and remote work frowned upon among certain groups.

Premier Roofing Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

If you have very thick skin, and enjoy being overlooked because you are a women, sign up today!

They are completely flexible, as long it's the way they want it.

LifeCare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

It's a great place to work, just need better leave policies.

Ballice Virgin Hair Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

We Welcome Distributors, Bulk Buyers and Offer the Factory Price

Gallardo & Lamas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stand up for what you believe in and always have a growth mindset. Ignore the small talk, actions speak louder than words.

motivate team to seek education

FSG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I believe that FSG is a special place to work; people are highly intelligent, brilliant thinkers, and truly believe in using their skills to make a difference in the world. Generally, I think that the firm tries and very badly wants to value women and diversity. However, in my experience, it is still a company that is highly wed to a traditional consulting model making it very difficult to actually live this value. Rarely, during my tenure, did I see the organization able to move outside its traditional model; instead employees were generally required to conform to that model. For those employees that were not able or willing to find a place within that model they usually ended up leaving. This usually included young mothers and racial minorities. Also, opportunities for women to find strong mentors varied. Some offices had senior women that acted as mentors and support, however the office I predominantly worked out of had no senior female leaders. Only after leaving did I realize how profoundly different my experience might have been had I had a strong mentor or support to guide me. Finally, I think the firm still has a lot of work to do when thinking about working mothers. I left the firm once I started a family because the model was just unsustainable for me despite a reduced schedule. FSG is the most intense place to work that I have ever experienced (more so than the for profit strategy firm I worked for prior to FSG). People are typical type A strategy consultants but are motivated more by having an impact and less by pay. This leads to a culture where the work is never enough--you can always have more impact. Impact is an acceptable motivation to put before your family. This culture meant that it was very difficult for me to step back on a reduced schedule; to me it felt like the expectations never changed. I continually felt like I was under-performing at my job and under-performing with my family. On a tactical level, firm provides 6 weeks of maternity leave and also provides 6 weeks of paternity leave to men; women can also take additional unpaid time off. 6 weeks is just not realistic for working mothers particularity for a firm that hopes to be cutting edge on diversity and women's issues. It's forward thinking to provide paternity leave, but the policy implies to me that somehow men bear the same level of responsibility when it comes to giving birth-- which when when you are only given six weeks is really what you are still recovering from. This policy also puts women who are the primary breadwinner or who have fewer family resources at a distinct disadvantage over those that can afford to take unpaid time off and properly recover from the impact of bearing a child.

Mercury Network, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Technology company which are usually dominated by men. But the executive staff is 4 women to 3 men. I think when it comes to women in executive positions at a technology company, our company is an example.

TCS Education System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have formed very close bonds with the women I work with, as do other women in other departments. As a whole, it is very difficult to move up and grow. Politics are often so it can be a very frustrating place to work. Maternity benefits are poor and I see a lot of women unhappy when they return from leave.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Akamai Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Maternity leave is good. There are mother's rooms for pumping breastmilk. Schedules are flexible and there is some WFH allowance. There are not many women in the higher levels of leadership.