Phoenix Marketing Solutions

www.phoenixgrp.net/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Phoenix Marketing Solutions to join us.

Newton-Wellesley Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a highly female work force. Most of the staff feel like family.

Provide more opportunities for growth and merit increases based on actual work.

Maybe. If you're a clinician, yes. There's not any growth opportunities for Administrative or professional roles.

Pie Town Productions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work as a woman. The company is run by 2 women, the upper management skews female and considering it's TV, there is an extremely fair work/life balance here. The trade off is compensation, they do not pay competitive rates for the TV industry.

Staples Canada Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

Certain bosses are inflexible and not particularly friendly or open to women (although the party line is that they are)

My department is led by someone very inflexible, there are other areas that suffer less from this issue.

It is a matter of overall attitude - less about compensation or direct promotions.

Maybe. The employer as a whole is not bad overall and there are women at the top of both the American and Canadian operations; the area that I am in is led by someone who is not forward thinking.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Maybe. If you've already had kids or don't plan to, this might be a good fit - the maternity leave is only partial pay for 6 weeks (8 weeks for a C-section) through a disability policy. You can take more time than that, but it will be unpaid.

American Geophysical Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

N/A at this time.

Texas A&M International University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be careful what you say and to whom you say it. People are gossiping and emails are flying as soon a you walk away from them.

I have heard bad things about HR in regards to maternity leave

Pratt Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The cats on the campus are feral and carry Toxoplasmosis which the Mayo Clinic notes that "infants born to infected mothers and for people with weakened immune systems, toxoplasmosis can cause extremely serious complications." It's extremely dangerous, disgusting, and despite fights to rid them from the campus - is not going to change anytime soon despite noted diagnoses of this infectious disease on record.

Maybe. It depends on who you work for directly. Senior leadership has been a nightmare, and despite recent turnover, continues to foster an environment of fear and unfairness.

Peoples Health Centers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Might reconsider

Johnson & Johnson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

May 2015

connect with other women WLI

Gannett Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

Women aren't necessarily trusted nor are their opinions. It took a long time for anyone to actually listen to me or understand that I knew what I was talking about. I've even been shushed before. But I deal with all male departments so my experiences can be different from departments with more women. All of senior management though is male, the majority are white, and all are older. And know that the women of HR don't necessarily have your back. They mean well but they don't really get that tech isn't very welcoming to women.