Pinnacle Foods Inc.

pinnaclefoods.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Pinnacle Foods Inc. to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

WeddingWire Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have a great "return to work" flex policy available, but the maternity leave benefits could be better. 4 weeks paid is not nearly enough!

Tanita Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Hours are 8:30-5:30 and the are good about time off but you can't just take a couple hours. A day or a half day.

Worcester Polytechnic Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Math department is usually good compared to others on campus. There are still some professors who are a bit sexist, though.

GameChanger Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.6

I've never seen a company that, from the top down level, treats women in such an unbiased matter and APPRECIATES the differences between men and women, RECOGNIZES, the differences and REWARDS the differences.

PixelMill Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Half the company is now women. Women have a voice and management is very understanding when it comes to family and personal matters that have to be taken care of. The policy on time off is very loose. Basically get your work done by the deadlines. And if you want to take vacation or time off, preplan and make up the hours beforehand and you could easily take 2 weeks off without issue.

IDEO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at IDEO for several years and saw its transition to a partnership. Overall, the partnership (where all the power is) is dominated by a boys' club. This seems to be by design because the founder of the firm has always openly stated that he just wanted to create a company in which he could "work with his friends." Those friends, not surprisingly, seem to be almost all male. Below the senior levels of leadership, however, women are not treated very differently. The maternity leave and flexibility are quite amazing, especially for a consulting firm. There is total respect for family commitments and obligations and the senior leadership respects and treats people well.

Spada Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Client service is paramount, and I am fierce about fairness to everyone. I think everyone should be welcome at the work table, with talent, skill and work ethic weighing as much, if not more, than academic pedigree.

Parallels, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Turn around, go home and find another job.

Brennan Center for Justice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2014

I worked here before law school and it was a great job, and I had a great manager. I was trusted and as a result, learned a lot.