Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Piper Jaffrey to join us.

Bumble Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Drop everything you are doing and apply now! If you are looking for am employer that truly aims to positively change the current dynamics of corporate culture with innovative solutions that really support women and mothers, Bumble is it!

The company is built around creating an optimal environment for working moms (and really all parents and all people) to succeed in their career without having to sacrifice their family life. We have lots of moms - even our COO can be found in meetings with one of her kiddos in a baby bjorn. This flexibility is crucial to helping working mothers/parents to be able to prioritize not only their jobs, but also their children which is invaluable to addressing the lack of females in leadership because they don't need to take a step back from work. I am so proud to work at Bumble and how they are changing corporate culture to really adapt to the realities of motherhood and working life.

I haven't take leave but know that Bumble provides 16 weeks paid parental leave for all employees, for both birth and adoption.

Surgical Care Affiliates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Certain departments do have an equal distribution of women and men and women are very valued there. In others, there are literally no women and you can feel it any time you're sitting in a meeting.

Not for Hiring

ChannelAdvisor Corp. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Fast paced. Constant change. Exciting if you are into making an impact and moving the needle.

Olsson Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great flex time

Victoria's Secret Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

When I worked at Victoria's Secret as a Sales Associate the entire team from the store manager to the assistant managers to the sales associates were all female. I don't recall ever meeting a male employee.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

PAAMCO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Extremely good benefits. Maternity leave may be only 3 months, but you have full health, dental etc. Also, it is female run!

VMware Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

It is tough for women in IT generally due to being in the minority, and the burden to be excellent to be placed in the first place. There is a general push to get women into management. At this time, technical leadership diversity is still lacking. There is also a large amount of inflexibility within Global Support Services for scheduling.

Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

As in any law firm, this is a male-dominated work environment, but the firm is making an effort to make this a better situation for women. I think working at a law firm on this level is untenable for a woman who wants a family and wants to spend time with that family. However, I think it is an excellent place to develop a career as a woman, and the firm offers excellent maternity leave and flex time (work at home certain days, with full pay)policies. I took 22 paid weeks maternity leave which included 4 weeks paid vacation time. In general, the firm is aware of the woman problem facing the industry as a whole and is attempting to compensate. It's just a rough job. But women are respected and valued in the workplace.

McKinsey & Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

May 2015

Build sponsors, not just mentors.